Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 55000
Opportunity ID 4712
If you want to get a US visa or green card to live, get education or do your business in the USA, you can apply for the DV 2023 starting from October 6, 2021.
The Diversity Visa (DV) program was established in 1990 by the Immigration Act starting in 1995. 55,000 immigrant visas are available in an annual lottery. The main purpose of this program is to diversify the immigrant population in the US. For the DV- 2023 there are 55, 000 visas available.
These immigrant visas are distributed among 6 regions of the world:
Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania, and South America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
Each year, the DV lottery registration is available for a specific period of time. The DV Lottery 2022 is started on October 6, 2021 and will end on November 9, 2021.
Residents of all the countries EXCEPT the countries listed below are eligible to apply.
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland –born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.
Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible to apply.
Who is eligible to apply for the USA Green card?
- Born in eligible countries (or his/her spouse born in eligible countries)
- Have at least high school education (12 years ) or two years of work experience in the last five years in an occupation that requires a minimum of two years of training to perform
- Applicants who are married can include their spouses and children who are under 21.
- Atlas Corps Fellowship 2021-2022 in the USA
- 130 Fully-Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship (Master and Professional Development)
- World Bank Scholarships 2021- 2022
Applicants who want to apply via Scholarship for Afghanistan Office, are requested to bring a soft copy of their photo with the following specification:
- Be taken in the last six months
- Not have shadow
- Be clear and in color
- Head and shoulders should be visible
- Have a white or off-white background
- Do not use a retouching tool to alter the head, face, and neck.
- Directly facing camera. Eyes should be clearly visible
- Full face should be visible, with no cloth, hat, head coverings except for religious or medical purposes.
- For children, the children should be facing the camera with his/her eyes, not other people should be in the photo. No matter if the infant’s eyes are not or are not entirely open.
- The image should be in the JPEG format.
Note: You can easily take a photo in a photography shop with a clear outline space and visible head, and shoulders and bring it to us. We will make it as required.
The requirement of the photo:
- Dimension: 1200x 1200 pixels or 600×600 pixels
- Not more than 240 kb
- The existing photo scan should be 51×51 mm in size and 300 pixels per inch resolution
For DV 2021, 2022, 2023 the applicants need to have a valid traveling passport. In family registration, only the main applicant (father/mother) need to have a valid passport.
How to apply?
The following information is needed in completing your application:
Name, last name, gender, birth date, city and country of birth, email address and phone number, Passport number, Country of Issuance, Expiration date of Passport, education degree, marital status, and the children information if you have.
You can apply online by filling the online application form that is available only on the DV lottery official website.
We strongly encourage you to complete the entry form yourself, without a “visa consultant,” “visa agent,” or other facilitator who offers to help. If someone helps you, you should be present when your entry is prepared so that you can provide the correct answers to the questions and retain your unique confirmation number and a printout of your confirmation screen. It is extremely important that you retain the printout of your confirmation page and unique confirmation number. Unscrupulous visa facilitators have been known to assist entrants with their entries, retain the confirmation page printout, and then demand more money in exchange for the confirmation number. Without this information, you will not be able to access the online system that informs you of your entry status. Be wary if someone offers to keep this information for you. You also should retain access to the email account listed in your E-DV entry.
Check your Result Here If you have applied last year.
Note: Scholarship for Afghanistan does not Apply to DV lottery in person mode.
Looking for Scholarships? Apply now