Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 146798
About the scholarship
Victoria University of Wellington awards a range of its scholarships called the “Tongarewa Scholarship” to exceptional international students each year to exhibit its commitment to its international student community. The scholarships are partial fee-based and cover students’ tuition fees while entering an undergraduate or postgraduate course for the first year.
Details of scholarship
- 1 June 2022 (For Trimester 2)
- 1 September 2022 (For Trimester 3)
- 30 November 2022 (For Trimester 1)
Note: Applications should be submitted by 4:30 pm on each of the deadlines above.
Country: New Zealand
Duration of study: 1 year
Number of scholarships:
- Up to 10 for undergraduate & postgrad worth 10,000 NZD
- Up to 9 for postgrad worth 5,000 NZD
Study levels: undergraduate, masters by research/coursework, and postgraduate
The scholarship value is 5000-10,000 NZ$ toward tuition fees.
In addition, scholarship awardees will be guaranteed an offer of a place in one of the university’s Halls of Residence and accommodation if they submit an accommodation application by the effective deadline.
- International students who have the full fee-paying status are eligible to apply (fees covered by the scholarship)
- Be entering a degree for the first time at the university.
Applicants are ineligible if they:
- Completed their secondary education at a New Zealand school
- Undertook the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme
- Are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of its overseas partner universities
- Are in your second year of study in the same course at Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarships are awarded in view of the applicant’s; academic merit and potential. Applicants chosen may be asked to provide further documents in support of their application.
Also, apply to other NEW ZEALAND Scholarship:
How to apply?
Application is online and applicants may submit a completed online application along with applicable supporting documents.
The application normally opens one month before the closing date as per each intake.
- A personal statement (500 words or less) detailing why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic goals and why you are suitable for the Scholarship. In addition, you should include any leadership positions and information about your involvement in your school or community.
- Full academic transcripts and other relevant educational qualification documents.
- An offer of letter from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
For more details, visit the official website of the university and stay tuned for the upcoming application opening.
For more recent opportunities, please check our new website: scholarships.af.