Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 848
Fellowship Program Summary:
Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program is an emerging leadership program for Asia’s future leaders offered for four weeks (two weeks in Asia and Two weeks in the United States. ) The aim of this fellowship is providing leadership training to highly qualified, young professionals from Asia to enhance their leadership skills, international exposure, and networking opportunity.
Deadline: November 29, 2021 23:59 PDT)
Result announcement: February 2022
Duration: 4 weeks
Location: Laos, Singapore, USA
Number of Fellows: 12, this number may increase in the subsequent year.
The program contains the following:
The Leadership Training Program includes 20 hours of intensive leadership training sessions and 10-20 hours of Asian Development Virtual Study Tour sessions held across 6 weeks, between March 19th and April 29th of 2022.
- The Leadership Training Program is highly interactive and hands on, featuring Leadership Development coaches, speakers, assignments, and sessions focused on self-care and wellness for leaders.
- The opening sessions will be held over several consecutive days, for several hours each day, requiring a full-time commitment. (Much like a conference or multi-day workshop). For this, we will provide logistical support to ensure your ability to participate fully.
- Leadership Training:
- Workshop on Asian Development: One-week study tour program with professionals and experts
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange: Various programs including policy discussions, leadership training, personal development for over two weeks in the United States
- Professional Development Award: an award (up to $5000) for each selected fellows to enhance their leadership skills, professional development, and career growth.
This program targets and invest in:
- Talented young people
- NGO and civil society leaders
- Government officials and Policymakers
- Social Entrepreneurs, journalists, environmentalists and academics.
This program covers all expenses:
- Costs for coursework and programming
- flight tickets and local transportation
- lodging and meals,
- Visa Fees
- Health and Accident insurance.
- Award up to $5,000 for a personalized professional development plan.
Note: Asia Foundation does not provide any funding for the fellow’s current or future studies.
You must be:
- born after January 1, 1982(under 40 years)
- Be able to participate in the entire program
- Have a demonstrable record of high experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise- governance and law, economic development, women empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation.
- respected, thoughtful, committed and inspirational young leaders in your professional fields and within your larger community
- Proficiency in English (TOEFL exam results are not required)
- Be a citizen of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Timor-Leste and Vietnam.
The application period starts each year in the fall. To apply please download and Read
the Application Guideline and Complete the following components of Application:
- Personal information
- Written Submission
- Short Video (Under 4 minutes, less than 600 MB,
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (handled online)
For more information please visit the Official Link of Asia foundation Development Fellowship program
for further queries please contact: [email protected]