Opportunity ID 13311
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 20
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 4 months
Language of Instruction English
Applications for the 2024 class of Millennium Fellowship are open to undergraduate students worldwide. The UN Academic Impact (UNAI) and Millennium Campus Network (MCN) Millennium Fellowship is a unique semester-long leadership development program that intends to develop the participants’ leadership capacity.
This opportunity aims to help undergraduate applicants to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Therefore, young and inspiring leaders above 18 years worldwide can participate in this inspirational and authentic leadership program. Join the class of 2024!
- Application Deadline:February 28, 2024 (11:59PM ET)
- Program Duration:August- November 2024
- Number of Fellows: 8 to 20 on each campus
- Required Language: English
- Location:Online and on selected campuses in any part of the world
- Propose of the Project:Community establishment
Themes of the Program:
- Convene:Challenge each other on campus to learn from each other.
- Challenge:Plan development and take action for their session together, exchange the best practices, think big, campus-wide sustainability organization, and more.
- Celebrate:Get a certificate of recognition from UN Academic Impact and Millennium Campus Network.
After completing the program, attend the MCN Alumni Community to make a social impact.
Eligibilities of Millennium Fellowship
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- The applicant’s age must be above 18 years;
- Be registered as undergraduate students in a college or a university for the entire duration of the program;
- Must demonstrate an excellent academic background during the entire duration of the program;
- Be committed to taking part actively during the program;
- Commit to convene in person at least eight times with their Campus Directors and other Fellows during the Millennium Fellowship;
- Applicants must have excellent knowledge of English.
Selection Criteria for The Millennium Fellowship
The judges will look for cohorts and fellows to champion this program as follows:
- Frequency:All fellows will invest in capacity building through community building, interacting with each other based on fellowship curriculum vitae;
- Buy-in:Anyone, university president or vice-chancellor, will get behind the Millennium fellows to follow their vision and take action for their projects; if fellows perform the project out of campus, members of the community will be involved in leading and shaping them;
- Impact:Applicants must run their projects successfully and share their stories to develop the SDGs and UNAI principles with MCN and UNAI;
- Continuity:Fellows with campus directors follow to meet beyond the program regularly and must commit to building out a robust campus hub.
How to Apply for the Millennium Fellowship?
By filling out the online application form, eligible applicants should apply online for the Millennium Fellowship 2024. Due to the limited number of fellowships, apply as early as possible. The selection committee will evaluate all submitted applications on a rolling basis, and eligible applicants will proceed to the next and final round of the application.
Note: Please do not fill out the application form more than once.
Please visit the Millennium Fellowship website for more information.
Check Similar Opportunities: