Opportunity ID 6976
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSCambridge qualification
Fields of study Master Program in Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Highly motivated to study master’s program in Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering (NHRE) with a DAAD-EPOS Scholarship possibility in Germany? If having high grades in undergraduate studies in structural engineering or architecture, then why not apply to the Bauhaus University Weimar for the 2024 academic year?
NHRE master’s program is for professionals with working experience in related fields of Civil and Structural Engineering to study for their master’s degree with DAAD-EPOS Scholarship or by self-financing.
English-language master’s program in NHRE completes after four semesters of full-time study time with the degree Master of Science. The program is oriented internationally and trains students to perform demanding engineering activities under specific external influences, like earthquakes.
The course covers earthquake engineering and structural design, Finite element methods and structural dynamics, and Geo- and hydro-technical engineering. Additionally, students will learn non-linear analysis of structures under extreme loading, disaster management and mitigation strategies, and stochastics and risk assessment theoretically and practically. Furthermore, students learn modern tools to assess natural hazards, enable modeling and simulation, and prepare students to perform concrete risk analyses.
About the Bauhaus University of Weimar
Established in 1860, the Bauhaus University of Weimar, headquartered in Weimar City of Germany, specializes in the artistic and technical fields. More than 4000 enrolled students, about 27% above the national average, are international students.
Please remember that the term Bauhaus in German stands for an eagerness to experiment, creativity, openness, and internationality. Architecture and Urbanism, Art and Design, Civil Engineering, and Media are the main faculties and research areas of the Bauhaus University of Weimar that accredit its distinctive identity. Today the University offers a wide range of instruction with about 40 courses of study. These courses include design, fine art, media design, media studies, visual communication, computer science, architecture, civil engineering, processing technology, materials science, environment, and management.
Brief Details of NHRE
- For the Self-Financed and General Applicants: 15 July 2023
- For the DAAD-EPOS Scholarship Applicants: 18 October 2023
Course Start: 01 October 2024
Semester Turn: Winter Semester
Host Institution: Bauhaus University Weimar
Funding Body: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Instruction Language: English
Level of Study: Master of Science (MSc)
Duration: Two years and two months of language preparation for successful applicants of the DAAD Scholarship
Benefits of Master Program in Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering
DAAD funds the Master of Science in NHRE international students fully as follows:
- Monthly stipends of 934 euros for students
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance costs
- Travel allowance
- Additional benefits under certain circumstances:
- Rent subsidy per month
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
Requirements of Master Program in Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering
To apply for this Master’s degree program, applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The Target group of NHRE is professionals with two years of experience working in private companies and governmental institutions related to civil and structural engineering.
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in Civil and Structural Engineering or an equivalent degree with a minimum final grade of 2.5 in the German system or higher
- Applicants must be from developing countries
- English Language Proficiency:
- A native speaker must submit the certificate of higher education entrance qualification or first-level professional qualification, Or
- Based on the Common European Framework, applicants must submit TOEFL (IBT 85 or better, IELTS 6.5 or equivalent certificate,
- Cambridge Certificate First Certificate in English (FCE)
Note: To submit the TOEFL score directly, please use 8968 as the institution code for the Bauhaus University Weimar.
According to the DAAD checklist, applicants should provide the following documents:
- Application Form for Admission
- Signed DAAD Checklist and Application form.
- Europass CV form
- University Certificate(s)
- School Leaving Certificate
- TOEFL or IELTS certificate and, if applicable German proficiency prove
- Previous or current Employment Certificate
- Two Recommendation Letters, one academic and one professional
- Copy of Passport or Identity Card.
- Passport-size photo.
- Applicants are responsible for the excellent readability of all submitted documents.
- Documents other than English or German should have notarized translations in either language.
How to Apply for Master Program in Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering?
The application procedure for Admission and DAAD-EPOS Scholarship for NHRE is entirely online. Please note that besides the official DAAD application form, candidates should submit an online application for Bauhaus University.
Please find more details about Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering on the website of the University of Bauhaus.
Several More Opportunities: