Opportunity ID 13958
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, and Physics
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 6-12 Months
Language of Instruction English
The TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship program in Pakistan accepts applications from young and outstanding researchers from developing countries. Applicants willing to conduct their postdoctoral research in physical science in departments and laboratories of the National Center for Physics (NCP) in Pakistan can apply for this opportunity. Eligible candidates should hold citizenship of developing countries other than Pakistan and not hold any permanent or temporary residence visa from Pakistan. Additionally, applicants should hold a Ph.D. to participate in this fellowship program.
TWAS Fellowship provides a monthly stipend to support applicants with their costs for 6 to 12 months of research in related fields as follows:
- Plasma Physics,
- High Energy Physics,
- Applications of Ion Beam Techniques (5MV),
- Quantum Information,
- Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS),
- Atomic Physics and Spectroscopy,
- Modeling, Simulation, and Computing,
- Astrophysics and Cosmology,
- Additive manufacturing and 3D printing,
- Vacuum Science and Technology,
- Artificial Intelligence.
Application Status: Open
Application Deadline: 31 May 2023
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Level of Study: Postdoctoral Degree
Duration: 6 to 12 Months
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Partner Organization: National Center for Physics (NCP) in Pakistan
Instruction Language: English
Benefits of the TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship
TWAS-NCP in Pakistan provides a monthly stipend to support applicants’ living, food, and accommodation expenses throughout their research period.
Applicants willing to apply for the TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 should fulfill the following requirements:
- Applicants should be citizens of one developing country other than Pakistan.
- Must not have obtained a permanent or temporary residence visa from Pakistan or any other developed country.
- Provide a Ph.D. degree in the field of natural science within five years.
- Applicants should have worked in one developing country besides Pakistan and obtained a research assignment there.
- Stay in a good state of health, both physically and mentally.
- Receive an official acceptance letter from NCP.
- Applicants should be proficient in the English language.
- Commit to return to home country after completing the fellowship program.
- Should not hold another assignment during the TWAS-NCP program.
- Provide financial support to any accompanying family members in Pakistan (TWAS will not provide any financial support for the applicant’s family).
- The applicant should apply only for one program per year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolios.
- Online application form.
- Letter of acceptance from NCP
- Recent CV
- Research proposal
Note: Applications without acceptance letters will not be able for consideration.
How to Apply?
The application procedure is entirely online. Please follow these steps:
- Firstly, applicants should provide the acceptance letter from S.N. Bose National Center for Basic Science for consideration.
- To request an acceptance letter, applicants should send their request letter, copy of updated CV, and research proposal outline to the General Manager of the Collaboration and Academic Activities Directorate (CAAD) to email@example.com.
- Secondly, provide other requested documents and fill out the online application form.
- Applicants should apply for an acceptance letter as soon as possible.
Visit the TWAS website to gain more details about the fellowship program.
- TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 687
- General Manager Address:
Collaboration & Academic Activities Department (CAAD)
National Centre for Physics (NCP)
Quaid-e-Azam University Campus, Shahdara Valley Road
Tel: +92 51 2077350
Fax: +92 51 2077395