Opportunity ID 4124
Fields of study Natural Science
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 6 to 12 Months
Language of Instruction English
International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences-ICCBS, in partnership with The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), offers TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship 2023. Applicants from developing countries willing to pursue research toward a Ph.D. in chemical and biological sciences or postdoctoral research in organic chemistry, biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular medicine, physical chemistry, or pharmacology are welcome.
In order to apply for the fellowship, candidates must have registered for a Ph.D. degree in their home country (SANDWICH option) and be proficient in English. Additionally, they should not hold citizenship or permanent residence in Pakistan, and the age limitation for Ph.D. candidates is under 35 and for Postdoc candidates under 45 years.
ICCBS has raised popularity over the past many years in Karachi, Pakistan, and has served several students by providing world-class training to young scientists. Many young students have profited from great chemical and biological science methodologies and other related programs.
Important Dates and Details
Application Deadline: 30 June 2023
Host Institution: International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS)
Partner Institution: The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)
Location: Karachi Pakistan
Duration: 6 to 12 Months
Level of Study: Ph.D. and Postdoc
Application Procedure: Online
Sandwich Option: Yes
Instruction Language: English
Eligible Country: Developing Countries in the South
Benefits of TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship
TWAS and ICCBS provide a monthly stipend to the candidates to fulfill their living expenses, health care, food, accommodation, and local transportation.
Fields of Study
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Program in Karachi, Pakistan, offers the following fields for each study level:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
Eligibility for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship
Applicant should meet the following requirements to be eligible for this opportunity:
- D. applicants should be 35 or under, and Postdocs should be 45 or under on 31 December 2023.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree for Ph.D. and Ph.D. for Postdoc research from natural science
- Hold the nationality of a developing country other than Pakistan.
- Must not hold any temporary or permanent residency visa in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Provide a good health certificate from a qualified medical doctor;
- Candidates for Postdoc research should beD. students in their home country and prove the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from their university.
- Provide Preliminary Acceptance Letter from ICCBS
- Submit English language proficiency evidence if the medium of education was not English;
- Evidence that ensures candidates’ return to their home country on completion of the program;
- Candidates should not undertake any other assignments during the fellowship program;
- Take financial responsibility for any accompanying family members.
Candidates should provide the following documents to request an acceptance letter from ICCBS:
- Copy of their CV
- A research proposal outline
- Two recommendation letters
- Apply before the deadline mentioned above.
- When applying, submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS. Applications without preliminary acceptance will not be eligible for selection.
- Reference letters should be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
- Apply for only one program per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolios.
- Applicants cannot visit another institution under the TWAS Visiting Professor program during the
- Applications are acceptable just via the online portal.
How to Apply for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship?
The application procedure is entirely online, and all candidates should request an acceptance letter from ICCBS before applying for TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship.
To apply for Acceptance Letter from ICCBS, submit a request letter, updated CV, research proposal outline, and two reference letters to the Director of ICCBS, Prof. M.I. Choudhary, at any of the following e-mail addresses:
Please Visit the TWAS Website for more information about the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship or contact the following address for any questions:
TWAS Fellowships Office Address:
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Fax: +39 040 2240689
Tel: +39 040 2240 687
ICCBS Contact Address:
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary
University of Karachi
Fax: +92 21 4819 018, 4819 019
Check Similar Opportunities: