Opportunity ID 12897
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration Up to 4 Years
Language of Instruction English
TWAS and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India provide a Ph.D. fellowship for scholars from developing countries who are willing to conduct research toward a Ph.D. degree in emerging areas of science and technology in available institutes of CSIR in India. Interested applicants can apply for this great opportunity.
Deadline: 31 July July 2021
Awarding institution: TWAS
Host country: India
Level of study: Ph.D. degree
Duration: nearly 4 years
Fields of study:
- Agricultural sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological System and Organisms
- Medical and health sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering sciences
- Astronomy, space, and earth sciences
- Mathematical sciences
Eligible countries: all developing countries except India. Click here to download the list of eligible countries.
- By 31 December 2021, the maximum age of the applicant must be 35 years.
- Must be a citizen of a developing country (except India).
- Applicants must not have earned any temporary or residency of India’s visa or any developed country.
- Must have obtained a Master’s degree in science and technology.
- H/she must hold A research assignment in his/her home country and have work regularly in there.
- Sandwich fellowships: Must be enrolled for PhD degree in their home country.
- Full-time fellowship: must be interested to enroll at an Indian university within the first year if agreed to by CSIR.
- Must hold an acceptance letter from the host institute.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Commitment letter of returning back to his/her home country.
- Must not perform other assignments during this fellowship.
- Must be responsible for his/her family member’s expenses.
- Registration certificate of PhD degree with the signature of Vice-Chancellor or Registrar of your home university. (if registered for PhD degree in your home country already).
- Letter of acceptance from the host institute.
- Copy of online application form.
How to apply?
Applicants can only apply online to TWAS through the online portal. In addition, a copy of online application form must be sent to CSIR via email.
- TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
2. Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
- • Dr (Mrs) ANURADHA MADHUKAR
Sr. Principal Scientist
International S&T Affairs Directorate (ISTAD)
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Anusandhan Bhavan, 2, Rafi Marg, New Delhi 110 001
Tel: +91-11-23316751; Fax: +91-11-23739041
- Applicants can only apply for one program/institute a year but the dean of an institution who invites an external program can apply for another program.
- The fellowship result will be announced at the end of 2021 or early 2022.
- Applicants must receive their acceptance letter as soon as possible to include that in the application.
For further details and downloading the useful attachments, please visit the TWAS website.
Download list of eligible institutions.