Opportunity ID 12862
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
No. of Opportunity 40
Fields of study Different Subjects
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Language of Instruction English
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation (FES) scholarships are offered to international students coming from different regions and wish to study in Germany in different subjects if they show excellent school or academic excellence and have an unwavering commitment to adjusting themselves to the values of Social Democracy and abiding by them. The scholarships are awarded to highly active international students and comprise a thorough seminar program to help boost the candidates’ social merit and academic skills.
Specifically gifted students from Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe are more preferable candidates. The candidates are expected to demonstrate great commitment to the values of social democracy and also promise for an academic or professional career.
Benefits of FES Scholarship
- International students receive a monthly amount of Euro 750 in Bachelor’s, Diploma, Master’s, or state examination program.
- An amount of Euro 850 for the Master’s course.
- Health insurance expenses are covered.
- A family allowance of Euro 276 for scholars who have child, and
- Individual assistance by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of this program.
Applications could be submitted at any time but early application is preferred. However, there are specific deadlines for different courses and semesters that are detailed here.
Number of scholarships: up to 40 scholarships each year
Academic and Eligibility Requirements
- Admission to study or enrolling at a state or state-recognized higher education institution in Germany
- Adequate German knowledge, though courses are English-medium. This means “German language examination for university entrance “of at least DSH level 2, ‘test German as a foreign language’ of at least level 4 or a ‘certificate C 1’ by a Goethe Institute.
- Excellent school or academic merit (first rated proofs of academic achievements where needed).
- Political and social engagement and commitment to the values of social democracy
- Responsible, inspiring and trustworthy applicants interested to involve in the Foundation’s network
The application for this scholarship is submitted online. You need to consider the steps below:
- Fill out the online application form.
- If you are qualified for a scholarship, you will be requested to provide further documents by email: two professional reports from your university lecturers and information on your training or commitment. After the request, you have 3 weeks to upload your documents, and for the expert report, you may have 6 weeks after consulting us.
- If you are shortlisted, we would invite you to two interviews: one with a liaison professor from your department and next with a member of our selection committee.
- The final decision of the selection committee will be made on your acceptance to join the program.
- More information about the application guideline and its details can be found here.
Similar Opportunities you may like:
- Romania Scholarships for International Students, 2022-23 (All Degrees)
- World Bank Scholarships 2022 -2024
- University of Alberta 2021-22 Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students in Canada
- Fulbright Scholarship 2022-2024 for Afghanistan (Master Degree)
- Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarships 2022-2022 (All Degrees)
- Azerbaijan Scholarships for OIC and NAM Member countries
- SEE the list of DAAD Scholarship programs here