Opportunity ID 211044
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSPTE AcademicCambridge qualificationDuolingo
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
International students with any nationality willing to undertake Higher Degrees Research in Australia can now apply for Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS). FIPRS is a scholarship program intending to support international students with tuition fees and provides an additional stipend.
FIPRS is a merit-based, highly competitive program with limited opportunities. Candidates demonstrating the outstanding ability for independent research, academic research training, research indicators, and performance can apply for this opportunity.
The scholarship period is for up to three years for a Research Doctorate and two years for a Research Master’s degree, and researchers should undertake full-time study. Applicants should start a higher degree by researching in Australia for the first time.
Please note that Flinders University will automatically consider the applicants for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (AGRTPS) for the FIPRS.
Important Details and Dates
Application Deadline: 04 August 2023
Host University: Flinders University
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Scholarship Duration: 3 Years, extendable
Degree Level: Research Higher Degree (Master’s and Ph.D.)
Eligible Countries: All Except Australia and New Zealand
Number of Scholarship: N/A
Study Areas: All Fields
Benefits of Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
This scholarship opportunity provides the following benefits for international applicants:
- International student tuition payment that Flinders University charges for Research Higher Degree applicants.
- A tax-exempt stipend for living allowance with the value of $33,000 per annum (2023 rate)
- An establishment allowance, including relocation costs and airfares for overseas students of up to $1,485 after arrival at Flinders
Eligibility Criteria for this Scholarship
Candidates should meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
- Candidates must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and should not hold permanent residency in Australia and New Zealand.
- Should start a full-time study for a higher degree by researching in Australia for the first time
- Applicants should enroll in an area of research concentration so that the University provide them with facilities and strength.
- Meet all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels as follows:
- The applicant’s first language is English
- Has completed their previous degree qualifying study in English
- Or, has taken an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic with at least 6.5 total and 6.5 in the Writing component and 6.0 in all other components
- TOEFL iBT total 80 scores, writing 22, 18 other skills
- C1 Advanced by Cambridge Assessment English with a total of 176 and 169 in each four skills
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic with a total 58 score and 58 in speaking, and 50 in the rest of the skills
- Duolingo test with overall 105-110 scores.
Required Application Materials
To apply for the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, international applicants should have done and prepared the following application documents:
- Contact a Research Supervisor:
- Please make contact with an academic staff member in the relevant academic area.
- Have an agreement letter from a staff member to supervise the applicant’s research if succeeds.
- Include email evidence of the supervisor’s agreement to the application.
- Applicants without any supervisor at the time of application are unacceptable for FIPRS.
- Applicants should include up to five publications, each with a completed cover sheet.
- Applicants with more than five publications must consult their Flinders University supervisor to select the best five.
- Do not provide more than five publications in the application.
- Applicants’ publications must not be older than five years.
- Include only English publications among the top five.
- Academic Transcripts in English or with English translations excluding secondary school ones
- Research Proposal of about 500 words, outlining the problem, hypothesis, and methodology or approach.
- Curriculum Vitae indicating research experience and a complete list of cited publications.
Note On the Format and Language of the Documents:
- Upload all documents via the application portal
- All documents should be in English.
- Save as a PDF and scan and save in the correct orientation.
- Name all documents with the family name and document name, for example, name_Transcript, name_publication 1.
How to Apply for Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship?
To apply for FIPRS, first, apply for admission to a Higher Degree by Research (Master of Arts or Ph.D. by research). Then send an application for the International RHD Scholarship Group. Please follow these steps for Admission Application and Scholarship Application guides:
Apply for Admission
- International applicants should apply via Studylink for admission at Flinders University.
- After reading all guidelines and information, complete registration by entering the Apply Now tab below.
- After completing the registration, log back into that portal to complete the application for admission.
- Please check for the Flinders student ID created within 1 hour after registration submission. Note this ID number.
Apply for Scholarship
- First, activate the account using the Student ID from the registration process and the date of birth provided by entering the link below.
- After activating the account, wait for a Flinders Authentication Name (FAN).
- Then, apply to the international HDR Scholarship Group:
- Applicants should log in to their OKTA dashboard through the quick links on the Flinders website.
- Select Student System.
- Select the My Scholarship tab.
- Tab on the Create a new scholarship application button
- Select 2023 from the search and then choose the International RHD Scholarship Group.
Please visit the official website of Flinders University for detailed information or refer any questions about the candidature application process to the International Centre via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, Check These Opportunities: