Opportunity ID 6758
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers fully funded Scholarships to study Small Enterprise Promotion and Training-SEPT MBA in Germany. This two-year (4 semester) SEPT MBA program delivers theoretical knowledge, application-oriented findings, and practice-relevant experience regarding the management, promotion, and development of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs).
Students will undertake their study program at Leipzig University in Germany. Full-time resident University and visiting lecturers, experts, and consultants in small and medium enterprise development will teach the SEPT MBA.
Applicants with a 4-year university degree (180 ECT) and at least two years of professional experience in SME promotion and training can apply for SEPT MBA at Leipzig University. Self-financed candidates can provide internships and cooperative education as work experience.
Important Dates and Details
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan and Developing Countries
Host Institution: Leipzig University
Field of Study: Small Enterprise Promotion and Training-SEPT MBA
Medium of Instruction: English
Program Duration: 2 years (4 Semesters)
- For Self-Finance Students: 15 March for the course starts in October of the same year.
- DAAD Scholarship Applicants: 01 October for the course starts in October of the following year (2024)
Benefits of the DAAD Scholarship for SEPT MBA
There are scholarships available for this program under DAAD Development-related Postgraduate courses providing all the expenses.
The following items are a calculation of the costs and fees which is payable by the self-financed students:
- Each semester fee for students who want to study self-finance is 1500 Euro (total 6000 Euro)
- Cost of living Approximately 650 Euro
- An enrolment fee of EUR 253,50 is payable by all students at Leipzig University before a semester begins.
- An additional charge of EUR 10,00 for the UniCard is payable in the first enrolment only.
- About EUR 861 per month to fulfil the requirements for getting a visa and residence permit as a student (including health insurance)
- Blocked bank account of EUR 10.332 per academic year (2 semesters)
Note: Applicants can check the DAAD Scholarship Database for an overview of where to get financial assistance and aid.
Also, check the International Center of Leipzig University webpage for Information for International Students regarding visas, entrance, accommodation, and arrival in Leipzig.
Requirements for the DAAD Scholarship for SEPT MBA
Applicants should meet the following admission criteria:
- Hold an undergraduate degree with a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent from a reputable university.
- At least two years’ work experience in SMEs promotion and training
- English language proficiency score of TOEFL IBT at least 78, IELTS academic minimum0 overall band, or English proficiency letter for English undergraduate programs
- Tests such as TOEFL ITP, TOEFL TOEIC, and IELTS General Training are not accepted.
- The University code for submitting the TOEFL score report by the ETS to SEPT is 6976.
- Indian applicants with a three-year bachelor’s degree should fulfil the minimum grade: First class 60% and above OR A = Very Good and above OR a GPA from 3.00 onwards
- Chinese and Vietnamese applicants should submit an APS-Certificate
Applicants should submit these essential documents in PDF format:
- Signed and dated Motivation Letter with a maximum of two pages length describing applicants’ motivation and potential for being part of the SEPT MBA program.
- Dated and signed Curriculum-Vitae (CV) in Europass Format.
- Original or certified copy of high school diploma.
- Certified copy or original degree certificates and transcripts indicating the final grades.
- English proficiency test score report or an original certified copy no more than two years old.
- Official letter(s) verifying work experience for at least two years from the previous or current employer.
- Two recommendation letters, one from a current or former employer and the next one from the academic field.
- DAAD EPOS Scholarship Application Form.
- DAAD Checklist signed and completed.
- If applying for different scholarships, submit a confirmation letter from the scholarship donor or the status of the application procedure, such as a copy of an application letter.
Note: All certificates and transcripts other than German or English should have certified translation into either English or German. For more information about the DAAD application, please visit here.
Application Procedure for the DAAD Scholarship for SEPT MBA?
To apply to the SEPT MBA program, applicants should submit their complete application package via the online portal by entering the Apply Now tab below. Once shortlisted, applicants will receive an email requesting hard-copy documents. In this case, shortlisted applicants should send the documents via postal mail to the SEPT offices at the address below.
Leipzig University, SEPT Competence Center
Important Notes: Applicant, please follow these application instructions:
- To fill out the online application form, prepare all the required documents first and send them to the proper address.
- Academic background documents such as school certificates, bachelor’s degrees, academic transcripts, etcetera must be submitted as original or certified copies.
- A certified document copy should have an ink signature and stamp verifying that it is a true copy of the original.
- The term original certified copy means submissions should be the document that carries the original ink stamp and ink signature. It is not a photocopy or scanned printed copy of the certified copy.
- All non-German or English certificates and transcripts must have a translated copy into either English or German by a sworn translator. Applicants can submit the translation either as an original or certified copy.
- The University does not return application documents; therefore, refrain from sending original academic documents, including the school certificate, degree certificate, and transcripts.
- Please do not submit an incomplete or late application. Submission of a correct application and completion is the responsibility of the applicant.
- The University will request hard copies only from shortlisted candidates.
- Click this link for more information about translations and certified copies.