Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 7 Days
Opportunity ID 28314
A group of outstanding international early career researchers in the field of artificial intelligence receives the DAAD AInet Fellowship twice a year. The Postdoctoral Networking Tour in Artificial Intelligence (Postdoc-NeT-AI), a two-step networking program that allows participants to interact face-to-face with top researchers in Germany will be available to awardees. The program aims to spark collaborations and open up new opportunities for research and careers. Additionally, recipients are part of the DAAD AInet Fellows & Alumni Network, which connects outstanding researchers worldwide and provides long-term access to German AI research.
Deadline: August 1, 2022
Host Institution: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Virtual Tour Days: 10-14 October 2022
Duration: 7 Days
- German Aerospace Center
- German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems
- RWTH Aachen University
- Saarland University
- TU Berlin
- TU Darmstadt
- TU Dortmund
- TU Dresden
- TU Munich
- University of Bremen
- University of Oldenburg
- University of Stuttgart
Host researchers and institutions will cover a wide range of subjects within the research area of AI in CPS, including circuit and system safety and correctness; hybrid models, physical and learned models; automation solutions for energy networks; information fusion, nonlinear state estimation, Stochastic Modeling; CPN transport layer; assessment of user presence in CPS, mobile physiological recordings, multi-modal recordings, virtual reality, and electroencephalography; adaptive wireless networking and wireless-based sensing; control and machine learning for reliable autonomous CPS; 6G communications for networked robotics; time-sensitive networking, cps decentralization, resilience, and autonomy; risk analysis, anomaly detection, model-based system analysis, deep learning in safety-critical applications; machine learning, and dynamical systems, to mention just a few.
Virtual Networking Week | October 10–14, 2022
The program’s first phase runs from October 10–14, 2022, during Virtual Networking Week. The visiting researchers will discuss their work on AI in CPS, their research team, their home institution, and the chances for collaboration during this week. They will invite participants to one-on-one meetings to deepen the conversation and plan future collaboration. Networking among the students will be equally fruitful and will lead to the creation of new connections and ideas.
A one-week travel allowance
The funding of a single one-week trip to Germany (which may be extended by one week at the participant’s expense) makes up the second component of Postdoc-NeT-AI. Each participant can take advantage of this time in Germany to follow up on the online networking week, pay visits to organizations and specific researchers, and otherwise deepen connections and lay the groundwork for future collaboration.
What applicants can expect:
Get an in-depth look at the German AI research landscape and career opportunities:
- Learn directly from experts about AI research and funding opportunities in Germany at the AInet Open Days (open to all applicants),
- At the Virtual Networking Week, get to know the strong and broad German AI research system and the various career paths it provides through the selected institutions.
- The DAAD will provide you with personalized advice and exclusive access to funding opportunities.
Contact leading researchers in your field directly to discuss collaboration and employment opportunities:
- Take advantage of the one-on-one meetings with top researchers from the host institutions to establish long-term relationships.
- Visit the institutions and Germany in person with the DAAD’s one-week travel stipend.
- Benefit from the growing DAAD AInet Partner Network.
Establish long-lasting connections with fellow fellows and the German AI research community:
- Through the DAAD AInet Fellows & Alumni Network, stay in touch with the DAAD and former fellows.
- Join one of the DAAD AInet Working Groups to connect with people who share your interests and to find networking and research opportunities.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Pertinent publications and/or academic achievements demonstrate a solid scientific background.
- A Ph.D. or doctorate was obtained no more than 5 years ago.
- Candidates for a Ph.D. or doctorate should be in their final year before their defense.
- Experience (or at least demonstrated interest) in the research areas of the host institutions
- No recent affiliation with a German institution.
How to apply?
The application for this program is online, and you can complete and submit it through the application portal.
- Your brief cv,
- Contact information of two professional referees,
- AI conferences to which you have contributed, and
- Your publications in scientific journals.
Visit the DAAD website for further details about the Postdoctoral Networking Tour Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence.
You may also be eligible for these opportunities:
- First Year UG Scholarship at University of Canterbury New Zealand
- 2023 Korean Foundation (KF) Fellowship for Field Research in the Republic of Korea
- Global Young Academy Membership Call for 2023
- World Youth Alliance Certified Training Program (CTA) 2022
- Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship in the USA 2023-24