Fields of study Business
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 208091
Zonta International accepts applications for Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship from international women. This opportunity supports women to attend their undergraduate and graduate study in business at the Zonta club, district/region, and international levels.
The Organization offers 37 international scholarships of USD 5,000 each. Each district or region of Zonta International can submit one candidate for consideration for an international scholarship. The five largest districts are eligible to submit a second candidate for two applicants.
Any female applicant undertaking a business program at an accredited university, college, or institute, including online students, can apply for the Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship. The Scholarship is usable for accredited courses and degrees at any university, college, or institute. Applicants should be at least in the second year of a bachelor’s degree program through the final year of a master’s degree program at the time of the application submission to the local Zonta club.
- Supporting Organization: Zonta International
- Host Institute: Zonta accredited Universities, colleges, or Institutes
- Locations: Zonta Accredited Districts or Regions
- Level of Study: Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees
- Duration: N/A
- Gender: Female Only
- Application Deadline to Zonta Clubs: Usually April-June; please contact the local club for the exact deadline
- Selection and Application Received by Governor/Region Representative: 15 August or the deadline mentioned by the district/region
- District/region Selection and Application Received by Z.I. Headquarters: 15 October 2023
- Official Announcement of International Recipients: December 2023
The Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship benefits and usage purpose details are as follows:
- Each Scholarship is USD 5,000 for January 2024, subject to any U.S. sanctions regulations;
- Applicants can use the Scholarship for any expenses that support them in achieving their degree in business;
- Domestic and overseas recipients studying in the U.S. can use the Scholarship funds for tuition, fees, books, supplies, or any required equipment for their study program not considered taxable income;
- Recipients cannot defer the Scholarship;
- Zonta International may consider a new application the following year, but the second application will not have any preferential consideration;
- Recipients can accept and benefit from additional grants and scholarships from other sources.
Eligibilities for Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship
All candidates should meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship 2023-2024:
- Outstanding female candidates pursuing a business program at an accredited university, college, or institute who are living or studying in a Zonta district or region are eligible;
- Candidates should be pursuing a business program with a major in:
- Business management,
- Business technology,
- Information technology,
- Human resources management,
- International business,
- Operations management,
- Online students enrolled at an accredited university, college, or institute are also eligible to apply;
- Applicants should be in at least the second year of a bachelor’s degree program through the final year of a master’s degree program at the time the application submission to the local Zonta club.
- Candidates should be still in school at the time the scholarship funds payment and must not graduate before April 2024;
- Previous district and international recipients may not apply to renew the Scholarship for a subsequent year;
- Prove an outstanding academic record during her academic studies, including business subjects;
- Demonstrate initiative, motivation, and commitment to pursuing a career in business;
- Golden Z club members can apply for this opportunity;
- The 2023 Women in STEM Scholarship applicants are not eligible to apply for the 2023 Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship;
- Members of the Club, direct members and employees of Zonta International, and Zonta Foundation for Women, and their family members are not eligible to apply for the Scholarship;
- Applicants from the Zonta district or regions with no clubs can apply for international scholarships via a Zonta district/region.
- Submit a current enrollment verification form or provide an official stamped enrollment confirmation from the university; Please note that acceptance letters are not verification of enrollment.
All candidates should prepare and submit the following documents as an application package element:
- One recommendation letter from a faculty member of the study field;
- A single recommendation from an employer, volunteer supervisor, or academic adviser;
- Verification of Current Enrollment Form signed by the university, college, or institute;
- Transcripts or equivalent records for all universities, colleges, or institutes attended;
- One essay of a maximum of 500 words clearly describing the followings:
- Applicant’s academic and professional goals,
- The relevance of the study program to the business field,
- Demonstrates their initiative, interest, and commitment to pursuing a career in business,
- Defines how this Scholarship will assist them in reaching their goals
- Translation of all non-English documents;
- Any attachments, articles, pamphlets, books, curriculum vitae, or other publications are not requested and considered;
- Information other than official transcripts and recommendations must be limited to the space provided;
- The Zonta selection committee will not consider incomplete applications or late due to postal delays, transmittal by third parties, or other circumstances;
- Applications submitted by email or regular mail are acceptable; however, preference goes for applications via email;
- Applicants submitting their applications by email must sign and send them as a PDF.
How to Apply for the Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship?
Applicants should submit their application package via email or mail. However, preference goes to applications via email. Please follow these instructions:
- Locate the nearest Zonta club by using the Club Locator to know the deadline and address to apply to or for assistance;
- Email name and contact details to Zonta International Headquarters at [email protected].
- Applicants should download the Applications Form from the Zonta International website.
- The club evaluation committee will evaluate applications and select the club awardee.
For further information about the Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship, please visit the official website of Zonta International or read the Description Page.
Also, check these opportunities
Goethe Talents Scholarships for Musicians in Germany
Eira Francis Davies Scholarship-UK for the Female Students from Developing Countries
Art Major Asian Scholarships at Korea National University of Arts