Opportunity ID 6939
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSCambridge qualification
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 24 Months
Language of Instruction English
Application is open for the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarship for developing countries students to study Sustainable Renewable Energy Technologies (SuRE) Master Program. Applicants can apply to study for their master’s degree program via the DAAD Scholarship at the University of Oldenburg in Germany.
MSc in SuRE is on the fundamentals of renewable energy, designed for engineers and scientists intending to pursue a professional career in this field. To apply for this program, students should hold a 6-semester (180 CP) bachelor’s degree in engineering or science to get admission. Moreover, students should provide some professional experience in the field of energy.
By applying to SuRE, students will study the applications and theory of renewable energy systems, visit companies and sites, test their skills in labs and outdoor experiments, and do external training in industry or research institutes. The program ends with a thesis project.
About the University of Oldenburg
Established in 1973, the University of Oldenburg is one of the young research universities in Germany. This university aims to find answers to the big questions of society in the 21 century- with top-class interdisciplinary research and teaching.
Application Deadlines Winter Semester 2024:
- For DAAD Applicants: 15 October 2023
- For all Self-Financed /Other Scholarships: 15 January 2024
Host Institution: University of Oldenburg
Funding Body: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Number of Scholarships: Limited
Course Starts: October 2024
Course Duration: 24 Months
Degree Awarded: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Instruction Language: English
Target Group: Engineering and Natural Science graduates (B.Sc. and B.Eng.)
Details of DAAD Scholarships
DAAD offers complete coverage of expenses for international students who are applying for Sustainable Renewable Energy Technologies (SuRE) at the University of Oldenburg as follows:
- Monthly stipend of 934 euros for graduate candidates
- Expense coverage toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance
- Travel allowance, unless covered by the home country or another funding source.
- Following additional benefits under certain circumstances:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- The monthly payment for accompanying family members of the applicants
Check Similar Opportunities:
Who Can Apply for DAAD Scholarship to Study SuRE?
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- DAAD applicants should be from developing countries.
- Have completed a regular academic program in Engineering or Science (e.g., Physics, Mech. Eng., Electric Engineering, etcetera)
- Should prove at least two years of professional experience in or related fields to Renewable Energy or Rural Development.
- Provide English language competence evidence equivalent to CEFR Level B2 in the form of TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced Exam, or Cambridge Proficiency Exam.
- Native English speakers or applicants with university entrance qualifications or a university degree obtained in English do not need to provide an English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants must aim to build on relevant career experience and apply knowledge to the energy sector.
In addition to the technical degree knowledge, expectations go to the participants of the SuRE program to meet the followings criteria:
- Have established a good work organization through their experiences in the relevant fields.
- Familiarize themselves with a new topic autonomously.
- The structure gave material and judged the importance of details.
- Compile information and compare and judge facts out of different source.
- Estimate their knowledge and skills of an object and expand their understanding through concrete questions.
- Dedicated to working with uncommon subjects.
- Be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Involve and work on interdisciplinary topics in a multicultural context.
- Show interest in sharing knowledge and working in a team.
- Be ready to exceed common approaches of their previous subject.
- Additionally, expectations go for the introductory college-level competencies in the following subjects:
- Mechanics of fluids and gas
- Solid State Physics
- Atom models
- Measurement technique
Documents to Submit
DAAD Scholarship applicants should submit the following application elements for their application package:
- Signed application form
- CV (with the current date and signed)
- School and university transcripts
- Certificates of bachelor’s degree
- Two years’ work experience and qualifications, including letterhead, stamp, and signature from the employer.
- English Language certificates TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced Exam, or Cambridge Proficiency Exam
- One letter of motivation with one a page/2000 characters maximum length referencing the current profession, fields of interest, and outlook of the career planner
- Letter of recommendation from current employer
- Two letters of reference (one academic, one professional) with letterhead, stamp, and signature
Note: Please check the DAAD Application checklist in the attachment section below.
How to Apply for the DAAD Scholarship?
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria for the SuRE program should apply through the uni-assist application portal for both mentioned deadlines. Please note that there is no possibility of handing in a paper application. Follow these application instructions:
- Search on the website “my uni-assist” to find the SuRE program.
- Make sure to select “Winter Semester 2023/24” and for University “Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg.”
- The Application Button will be available on the application page from 15 August 2023 and 15 January 2024.
- Application for beginning students is only possible in the winter semester.
- Read the application details on the application page.
Check More Opportunities: