Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 100
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction PersianPashto
Opportunity ID 118505
The Asia Foundation is a not-for-profit international development organization working with a strong commitment to better lives all across a vibrant and developing Asia. Enjoying six decades of experience and solid local expertise, the Foundation works in the region for five fundamental goals: strengthening governance, empowering women, broadening economic opportunities, increasing environmental resistance, and promoting regional cooperation.
Position Title: Legal Fellow
Job Locations: All 34 provinces (in the provincial centers)
Work type: Full time
No of Positions: 100
Salary: 10,000 AFN
Organization: The Asia Foundation
Working experience: Not required
Contract duration: One year
Expiry date: 10 April 2021
About the project and job
This is a one-year legal fellowship for university graduates in the three below-mentioned disciplines. The Legal Aid through Legal Education (LALE) phase II Fellowship run by the Asia Foundation in Afghanistan, provides recent graduates of Law, Political Science and Sharia faculties with an opportunity to acquire practical experience by working in organizations that deliver legal aid in Afghanistan.
By participating in the program, successful applicants will be able to:
- Gain worthwhile work experience and effective skills;
- Broaden their professional networks and pave the way for their path into a legal career.
- Receive a monthly stipend of 10,000 AFN.
- These fellows will be assigned across Afghanistan by the Afghanistan Legal Aid and Advocates Network (ALAAN), consisting of governmental and non-governmental organizations that provide legal aid services.
- The program is scheduled to start on May 1, 2021.
Duties of the fellows:
The legal fellow will work under the guidance of an advocate and learn from the experiences of the advocate, and the relevant legal assistance organization will build the capacity of the fellow in terms of the legal field.
- Applicants should have bachelors’ from Law, Sharia or Political Sciences faculties.
- There is no need for work experience for application. The program is designed for fresh university graduates.
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online.