Opportunity ID 10319
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Communications and Digital Marketing
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 12-18 months
Language of Instruction English
Atlas Corps is accepting applications for Atlas Corps Fellowships 2024 in the U.S. Communications and digital marketing professionals can apply for this opportunity. The program engages global professionals who contributed and committed to social impact in 12-18 months of service with organizations in the U.S. to build organizational capacity, learn best practices, and return their home to create a network of global leaders.
Fellows will advance their skills by serving at organizations to manage social media, create engaging content, and develop marketing campaigns to increase engagement and visibility. Fellows will also help the Atlas Corps mission of strengthening U.S.-based organizations. They will contribute their global perspective and expertise to advance social impact goals. Applicants can use their knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Brand and Social Media Management:In this area, the fellows will manage social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. They also update the website, create a communication, developing a communications calendar and engagement plan to increase brand visibility.
- Graphic Design and Content Production: Fellows will start writing blog and social media posts, producing short videos, creating graphics for the website and social media, and designing communications products, including brochures, newsletters, factsheets, one-pagers, and the annual report.
- Digital Marketing:Performing digital campaigns through email, cultivating email lists, paid ads, and social media, implementing audience targeting methods, and tracking and analyzing communications metrics to ensure effective messaging. They will also be responsible for creating digital toolkits.
- Public Relations:Conducting press outreach, identifying press outlets, writing press releases, and gathering and amplifying press stories relevant to the Organization.
Details of Fellowship
Application deadline: 30 July 2023
Duration: 12-18 months
Organizer: Atlas Corps
Atlas Corps Fellowship Opportunities and Benefits
Selected Fellows will receive a stipend that covers food, shared housing, and local transportation.
Fellows will have opportunities to connect with Atlas Corps Fellows globally and attend the Global Leadership Lab professional development series. Global Leadership Lab opportunity helps them develop their leadership skills and improve their networking opportunities with Atlas Corps Fellows worldwide.
Additionally, Fellows can participate in group cultural activities like D.C. Monuments Tour, U.S. holiday celebrations, sporting events, and more. Furthermore, alums will join the Atlas Corps network of 1,700 rising leaders from more than 116 countries.
Opportunities you may like to apply:
All applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should provide two or more years of work experience in communications and digital marketing
- Provide at least a college degree or equivalent
- Applicant’s age must not be over 35 years
- Have good English proficiency (Oral, Writing, reading)
- Applicants should be committed to addressing critical social issues in their home country.
- Must accept the basic living style where the fellowships cover
Required Soft Skills:
Applicants should possess the following soft skills for the Communications and Digital Marketing Fellowship:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinking ability
- Time management and organizational skills
- Multitasker with the potential to manage several processes simultaneously
- Team-building capability to comfortably work with teams and departments, people from worldwide, and an ability to work with different working styles
- Open-mindedness, flexibility, and tolerance for uncertainty and risk.
Software experience in the followings:
- Be experienced in graphic design software tools like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, or Canva
- Social media platforms and channels, like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
- Website management tools like WordPress and Squarespace with CSS & HTML skills
- Email marketing tools such as Salesforce or Mailchimp
- More communication tools like Google Analytics, Optimizely, Click tale, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, or YouTube
How to Apply?
The application procedure is online, and applicants can enter the link below to apply for the Atlas Corps Communications and Digital Marketing Fellowship.
Atlas Corps Selection Process
Atlas Corps applies different selection processes for the Virtual Leadership Institute with a shortened application and specific eligibility highlighted on particular web pages for each opportunity. Follow these steps to make an application:
- Application and Selection Board Review: Applicants should register for an account and save their username and password to log in on the online application system to return to the login page. The application comprises a brief eligibility test. After passing the initial eligibility test, applicants should give information on their passport, travel/visa history, language skills, employment history, professional skills, and social issues, plus a brief biography and a short essay question. Additionally, they should submit additional attachments, including an official transcript or diploma and two Recommendations from recommenders who know the applicant in a professional capacity.
- Selection Board Interview: Atlas Corps chooses top applicants with the potential to match Host Organization placements for an interview. The interview will be via Skype with the Atlas Corps Selection Board.
- Semi-Finalist Status: Applicants passing the interview will be Semi-Finalist for the Atlas Corps Fellowship. Host Organizations will review Semi-Finalist’s applications for the Fellowship based on their interests and skillset and the Organization’s needs.
- Host Organization Review and Interview for the Fellowship: Potential Host Organizations will invite Semi-Finalists that best match their positions for Skype video interviews, moving on to the Finalist stage. The Organization may ask for additional information from the Finalists, including sample assignments.
- Selection for the Fellowship: Host Organizations will share their final recommendations with Atlas Corps to notify the selected applicants. After the selection process, Atlas Corps will help fellows with the necessary logistical arrangements for the Fellowship. For the online Blended and Remote Fellowship, Atlas Corps will help Fellows meet the technological capacity needed to complete Host Organization requirements. The U.S.-based component of the Blended Fellowship, the Atlas Corps, will support Fellows in applying for a J-1 visa in their respective countries.
Semi-Finalists that a Host Organization has not selected will get a notification and may have the choice to keep their application on file for the next class of the Fellowship.
For more information about Atlas Corps Fellowship 2024 for Communications and Digital Marketing, visit the Atlas Corps website.
Check More Opportunities: