Opportunity ID 213662
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 6
Fields of study Foreign Policy
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 18 Months
Language of Instruction English
The Young Professionals in Foreign Policy Fellowship (YPFP Fellowship) applications are open until 6 May 2023. This YPFP Fellowship is an eighteen-month program with a total $7000 stipend. By joining the program, emerging talents as fellows will gain personal and professional leadership development skills in foreign policy.
The organizer will select six Fellows to develop, construct, and implement a strategy and execute it for an organization that significantly impacts thousands of young professionals worldwide. The six selected fellows will work as YPFP’s Senior Leadership Team. In their positions, the fellows will provide direction and leadership to YPFP’s volunteer staff.
About YPFP Organization
YPFP (Young Professionals in Foreign Policy) is a non-profit, nonpartisan organization in the United States that trains the next generation of foreign policy leadership. In 2004, Joshua Marcuse founded the YPFP group, and to date, YPFP’s membership spans 80 countries with a network of more than 20,000 young professionals in foreign policy.
The YPFP members are screened and selected from thousands of applicants, and each pays membership subscriptions to support organizational programming and services. The YPFP members come from global institutions, government agencies, media groups, non-profits, graduate programs, and corporations with diverse sectors.
Application Deadline: 6 May 2023 (11:59 pm EST)
Fellowship Start: 10 June 2023
Finalists Interview: Mid-May 2023
Selected Fellows Notifications: 27 May 2023
Organized by: Young Professionals in Foreign Policy Organization
Duration: 18 Months
Number of Opportunity: 6 Fellows
Field of Study: Leadership in Policy
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Eligible Countries: All
Benefits of the YPFP Fellowship
YPFP will provide up to $7000 stipends for the fellows toward their expenses throughout the fellowship program.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
Candidates must meet the following requirements to apply for the Young Professionals in Foreign Policy Fellowship 2023:
- Candidates should demonstrate exceptional professional, organizational, and communication skills
- Prove leadership skills and a solid interest in leaving a lasting impact on YPFP
- Commit to participating and contributing to the YPFP community throughout the Fellowship program for 18 months.
- Exemplify and endorse YPFP’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Be passionate about public service and social change.
- Prove 3-5 years of relevant experience and commit 10 hours of involvement per week to the YPFP Fellowship.
- Be able to stay in one of the YPFP branch cities.
- The fellows’ age should be between 22-32 years.
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy Fellowship Functional Areas
YPFP will align each fellow to a specific operational component, including the following:
- Chief of Staff:The fellows who work as chief of staff will oversee all-volunteer staff and programs. Also, they will respond to the effective execution and coordination of the fellowship program and management of relationships with the YPFP Board of Directors and worldwide staff.
- Communications Fellow:Fellows in this position will oversee all YPFP Communications volunteer staff, global communications strategy, and communications products.
- Programs and Events Fellow:Fellows assigned in this position will oversee all YPFP Programs volunteer staff, including Event staff and Discussion Group. They will structure new programs for the YPFP community and support global event coordination.
- Finance and Operations Fellow:The fellows will oversee effective operations and financial health via coordination with worldwide staff. They will coordinate the operations for fundraising, workstream management, and membership for YPFP fellows and volunteer staff.
- Global Coordinators:The Global Coordinator will be responsible for oversight of global branch management. Additionally, they will be responsible for establishing and executing global strategy by working with the YPFP branch managing directors globally, and supporting all coordination of global activities.
- Publications Fellow:The fellow will work toward oversight and strategy of YPFP publications and intensification programs for the YPFP community. The programs will include the YPFP Publishing Fellowship and Charged Affairs journal.
Young Professional in Foreign Policy Fellowship lasts for eighteen months, serving around 10 hours weekly. By participating in this eighteen-month fellowship, the fellows can expect to participate in personal leadership development opportunities, including:
- Routine weekly or quarterly meetings
- Monthly leadership coaching
- Workshops on strategic planning and managing teams.
- Community-building Events
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy Fellowship Timeline
Generally, the Young Professional in Foreign Policy Fellowship has three phases scheduled as follows:
- Phase 1: Planning from April – September: In this fellowship phase, the fellows will work to define roles and digest processes and legacy systems. The fellows will have self-leading practices.
- Phase 2: Operationalizing from October- March: In Phase Two of the YPFP fellowship, the fellow will work on the strategic plan to run the organization and implement it based on the goals in Phase One of the fellowship. In other words, fellows will practice Leading Others.
- Phase 3: Transitioning from April – September: YPFP has divided phase three into two sub-phases as follows:
- During Phase 3.1, the fellows will build, launch, and perform the recruiting and application process for the next cohort. Per their experience gained last year, they will craft a succession plan considering their achievements and challenges.
- During Phase 3.2, the fellows will train the incoming fellows and transition responsibilities.
How to Apply?
Qualified fellows can start their application online by entering the link below.
Please enter the official website of the Young Professionals in Foreign Policy Organization for more information.
Also, Check These Opportunities: