Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot Required
Fields of study Science And Technology
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 6 Months To 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 144388
UNESCO-TWAS, in partnership with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India, offers TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship Program 2023. This Ph.D. and Postdoctoral research fellowship is for scholars from developing countries in the South willing to explore emerging areas of science and technology in available institutes and laboratories of CSIR in India.
TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship duration period starts with a minimum of six months to a maximum period of three years at CSIR or in eligible institutes. Ph.D. applicants should enroll in a Ph.D. degree in their home country or a Ph.D. course at any University in India.
CSIR fellows will receive a monthly stipend for living costs, food, and health insurance by participating in this opportunity. Additionally, Fellows will benefit from subsidized accommodation. Please note that the monthly stipend is not convertible into foreign currency.
Application Status: Open
Application Deadline: 15 September 2023
Awarding Institution: The World Academy of Science (TWAS)
Host Organization: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Fellowship Location: India
Level of Study: Postdoc and Ph.D.
Fellowship Duration: 6 Months to 3 Years
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries in the South
Benefits of TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship
The fellowship includes monthly stipends for living costs such as food, lodging, and health insurance. Also, Fellows will benefit from subsidized accommodation.
Fields of Study
Candidates will undertake research in the following fields of study at the host institution:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space, and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
Eligibilities for the TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Ph.D. applicants should be 35 or under, and postdocs must be 45 or less on 31 December 2023.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree for Ph.D. and Ph.D. for Postdoc research in science and technology.
- Hold the nationality of a developing country other than India.
- Must not hold any temporary or permanent residency visa in India or any developed country.
- Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there.
- Provide a good health certificate from a qualified medical doctor.
- Provide Preliminary Acceptance Letter from CSIR labs/institutes.
- For SANDWICH Fellowships: Candidates for Postdoc research should be Ph.D. students in their home country and prove the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from their university.
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships, applicants should be willing to register at a university in India within the first year if agreed to by CSIR.
- Submit English language proficiency evidence if the medium of education was not English.
- Evidence that ensures candidates’ return to their home country on completion of the program.
- Candidates should not undertake any other assignments during the fellowship program.
- Take financial responsibility for any accompanying family members.
Please provide the following application documents when applying for TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship:
- Letter of acceptance from the host institute.
- Online application form.
- Health Report
- Proof of language proficiency (if applicable)
Also, Apply For the following:
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Program in Karachi, Pakistan
NCP-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Pakistan
How to Apply for TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship?
Applicants should apply online to TWAS through the online application portal. To have a successful application, candidates must submit the acceptance letter from a CSIR institution to CSIR and TWAS by the deadline. Additionally, please submit a copy of the online application form to CSIR via e-mail.
Apply for Ph.D. Fellowships
Apply for Postdoc Fellowship
- Apply before the deadline mentioned above.
- When applying, submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS. Applications without preliminary acceptance will not be eligible for selection.
- Reference letters should be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
- Apply for only one program per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolios.
- Applicants cannot visit another institution under the TWAS Visiting Professor program during the
- Applications are acceptable just via the online portal.
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
E-mail: [email protected]
Dr (Mrs) ANURADHA MADHUKAR
Sr. Principal Scientist
International S&T Affairs Directorate (ISTAD)
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Anusandhan Bhavan, 2, Rafi Marg, New Delhi 110 001
Tel: +91-11-23316751; Fax: +91-11-23739041
E-mail: [email protected]
For further details and to download the valuable attachments, please visit the TWAS website.
Check More TWAS Fellowships:
TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced training in developing countries
ICCBS -TWAS Postgraduate Fellowship Program in Karachi, Pakistan