Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 5 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 3187
Application is open for The World Bank Group (WBG), IFC, and MIGA Young Professionals Program (YPP). Young professionals who are passionate about international development/finance and possess leadership potential to grow into managerial roles across the WBG, IFC and MIG can apply to this five-year program. The World Bank YPP is a 2-year leadership development program at the start of a 5-year employment contract with WBG, IFC, or MIGA in Washington DC where the Young professionals engage in intensive training on Job and in the classroom to learn the leadership and development operations and how to identify opportunities for joint impact.
Talented young people who are skillful in one of the following areas, Economics, Education, Public health, social science, finance, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, can apply to World Bank Young Professional program. This program will provide the opportunity for 45 young people from diverse professionals, academics, and cultural backgrounds each year to make a five-year contract with the World Bank group and use the benefits and opportunities provided. Selected young people will have the opportunity to get professional training programs, entry-level salary, travel cost coverage, and other useful opportunities.
This year the World Bank and IFC and MIGA have merged their Young Professionals Programs into World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WGB YPP). The World Bank will accept applications on behalf of the World Bank, IFC, and MIGA.
World Bank Group YPP Details:
Organization: World Bank Group
Contract duration: 5 years (renewable)
Application start: June
Deadline: July 15, 2021 (for all profiles)
Application reopen for IFC and MIGA: August 16- September 20
Interview: November- December
Announcement of result: December- February
Start of the program: September
- Field business trip
- Mentoring opportunity by previous Young professionals and World Bank Group mentor
- competitive salary based on the education and professional level
- Health insurance
- Financial support
- Pension plan
Who can apply to YPP?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should not be more than 32 years of age (born after October 1, 1989).
- Be a citizen of a member country of the World Bank Group.
- Hold a doctoral or Master’s degree (for IFC and MIGA: Master of Business Administration, Economics, International Relations, Science, and Engineering) before July 15, 2021 ( for WBG YPP- PhD should be completed by September 2022) and by September 12, 2022 (for IFC and MIG placement). .
- Applicants should demonstrate proficiency in English.
- It is a plus but not required to be proficient in one or more than one of the following languages, such as Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
- Be professional in the fields of economics, engineering, social science, public health, education, urban planning, natural resources and etc. or related world bank, IFC, MIGA operations
- Candidates should have a minimum working experience of three years or continued study to Ph.D. level (for world bank) and 4+ years for IFC & MIGA
- Applicants should have leadership skills.
- the applicants should Show good managerial skills
- candidates should be passionate for international development
- Be committed and passionate about international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- displaying excellent client engagement communication and team leadership.
Check Free Online courses offered by the World Bank:
- Free Online Course on ‘Business Analytics Executive Overview’
- Machine Learning for Business Professionals Free Online Course
- Artificial Intelligence “AI” – AI for Everyone Free Online Course
Eligible applicants will be selected based on their:
- Professional expertise
- Leadership skill and experience
- Commitment, ethics
- Interview format
- Educational degree certificates/ transcripts
- PhD/ Master thesis abstract(if applicable)
- Application essay ( 6000 characters):
- Why you are interested in the WBG YPP and in your preferred institution (IBRD, IFC or MIGA).
- Why you are the right person for the role
- How your preferred institution and the World Bank Group as a who should support our clients to contain the impact of COVID – 19, working towards a green, resilient and inclusive recovery.
- 3 professional or academic recommendations
How to apply?
Applicants who meet the requirements can apply online to World Bank Young Professional Program. It takes about 90 minutes to complete your application. Your application cannot be saved to continue later on the last day of the application.
Note: Duplicate applications will not be reviewed and will not increase your chances of selection.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview through their application status, and the interview will be conducted virtually. at World Bank Group headquarters in Washington, DC, the USA, and their offices in Paris, France, and Dakar, Senegal.: interview may include the following activities:
- Participation in individual and group exercise
- timed computer-based financial tests.
For more information, please visit the World Bank YPP.