Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSTOEIC
No. of Opportunity 300
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 To 4 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 55496
The application is open for 2022 GIST fully-funded Scholarships in South Korea. The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) offers nearly 300 scholarships at Masters, Ph.D., and Integrated MS. and Ph.D. levels in a wide variety of disciplines to international students.
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is one of the best research and technology hubs in South Korea, which provides world-class education and research to help students advance their research skills as well as leadership tools. So, if you are interested in studying at such an institution, begin your journey toward esteemed education!
Application deadline: October 15, 2021
Country: South Korea
Host Institution: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
Study Levels: MS, Ph.D. and Integrated MS/Ph.D. Degree
Fields of Study: It covers almost every field.
Master’s program: 2 years
Ph.D. Programs: 4 years
Start time: Spring 2022 intake
The scholarship provides all expenses, including:
- Tuition fee of 3,415,000 won/semester
- Living allowance (140000 Won/month for master and 295,000 won /month for PhD
- Meal allowance (special for international students) 100,000 / month
- Health insurance
- Flight reimbursement for incoming international students (one-way flight to Korea)
- Research assistance for those who participate in research projects (4,785,384 won per year for master and 12,263262 won for PHD
List of degree-offering schools at GIST:
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering School
- School of Life Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Integrated Technology School
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
Eligibility criteria for GIST 2022 scholarship:
- Open to international students of any nationality.
- For MS degree programs, applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Applicants applying for Ph.D. programs should have a master’s degree or equivalent.
- And, provide evidence of English language proficiency in one of the internationally recognized tests such as TOEFL iBT 80, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 750, TEPS, NEW TEPs.
- Online GIST Scholarship application form
- Official transcripts & certificates of previous degrees
- Two letters of recommendation (download the format)
- Valid English proficiency certificate
- Scanned copy of passport
- A letter of recommendation for a Matriculation fee waiver (optional)
- And, certificate of English language proficiency from the applicant’s last home institution (optional)
- Knight Hennessy Scholarship 2021-2022 for Master and PhD at Stanford University
- Schwarzman Scholarship program in China for Master Degree (Fully-funded)
- 130 Clarendon Fund Scholarships for master and PhD at Oxford University, UK
- Eric Bleumink Scholarships at University of Groningen, Netherlands (Fully Funded)
- Rhodes 2021 Global Scholarships to Study at the University of Oxford
- 2022 Korean Foundation (KF) Fellowship for Field Research in the Republic of Korea
How to apply?
To apply for the GIST scholarship, applicants have to complete the following steps:
First, submit an online application here.
Second, due to changes in the application guide because of COVID-19, you, instead of sending through post, can submit all your required documents to the university through email to [email protected]. Also, the International Admissions Coordinator will contact you when all the required documents of your application have been received.
Third, Notification of the admissions results. Notification of results will be sent to the email address provided on or around November 30 for spring admission to those applicants whose documents have been received by the mentioned deadlines.
Fourth, you should enroll in the university within the provided deadline. Completion of enrollment requires the reception of documents and paying the Matriculation Fee.
Fifth, apply for a student visa in continuation of your way of studying at GIST.
For more information about the scholarship, visit the 2022 GIST Scholarships in South Korea.