Opportunity ID 218686
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Application is open for the 2024 MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarships recommended by the Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU). Outstanding International Applicants from MEXT-designated countries with excellent academic backgrounds can apply for this opportunity.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers this Scholarship to endorse and improve the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities and enhance their global competitiveness. Candidates should first apply to Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University; then, the MEXT will offer the Scholarship to the selected student.
Offered by: Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
Host University: Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU)
Study Level: Master’s and Ph.D.
Admission Opens: 1 September 2023
Scholarship Application Deadline: 15 November 2023 (for September 2024 Enrollment)
Benefits of MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarships
This Scholarship provides the following expenses for selected students:
- Full admission fee
- 100% tuition fee (the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship covers this)
- Monthly allowance of 144,000 JPY for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Check More Scholarships:
Who Can Apply?
Applicants should meet the following requirements for the MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarships 2024:
- Applicants should intend to study in Japan from overseas
- Be a national of a MEXT-designated country
- Have born on or after 2 April 1989
- Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university.
Who are not Eligible for the MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarships?
The following types of individuals are not eligible for the MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarships 2024:
- Candidates who are serving on military duty currently or civilians employed by the military during the application are not eligible for this Scholarship
- All candidates selected should arrive in Japan during the arrival period specified by APU.
- Previous recipients of the MEXT scholarship are not eligible unless they have more than three years of educational research experience after the final payment of the last MEXT scholarship award.
- Applicants applying for this Scholarship cannot apply to another MEXT Scholarship.
- While enrolled at APU, recipients of this award are not permitted to be recipients of any other scholarships.
- The recipient of this Scholarship must have “student” as their visa status in Japan.
- The English Proficiency Test Score is only acceptable if the candidates have passed their test on or after 23 March 2022.
How to Apply?
Applicants must first apply to APU to be considered for the MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarships. After that, APU will choose eligible candidates to recommend to the MEXT office.
All candidates should submit the APU application by 15 November 2023 (for September 2024 Enrollment). April enrollment is not available right now. Additional documents are not necessary to be considered for this Scholarship.
The selection procedure for th UR Scholarship is as follows:
- APU evaluate the application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected for this Scholarship will get result notification with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants will complete and submit all supporting MEXT application documents to APU.
- MEXT will decide the final scholarship award results.
For more details about MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarships, please visit the Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University’s website.
Check More Scholarships: