Opportunity ID 218664
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSOther
Fields of study Digital Financial Technology
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 4 Years
Language of Instruction English
The Asian Institute of Digital Finance Scholarship for Ph.D. in Digital Financial Technology application is open now. International applicants can apply for this scholarship to pursue their Ph.D. in Digital Financial Technology (FinTech) at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Applicants should apply for the August 2024 intake to be eligible for the scholarship.
The NUS Ph.D. in Digital FinTech is a joint program by the Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) of NUS and the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF). The program prepares students with a distinctive interdisciplinary skills for careers in academia or industry.
Financial Technology (FinTech) includes a broad spectrum of technology and innovation in financial services. Examples of FinTech innovations include (mobile) cryptocurrency, smart contracts, payment solutions, credit analytics, robo-advisor, P2P lending and crowd-funding, algorithmic trading, and various financial data analytics innovations.
Application Start Date: 01 August 2023
Application Deadline for August 2024: 15 December 2023
Hosting Faculty: NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS)
Hosting University: National University of Singapore (NUS)
Duration of the Scholarship: 4 years
Study Level: Ph.D.
Details of the Scholarship
All selected candidates will benefit from the Asian Institute of Digital Finance Scholarship as follows:
- Monthly stipend for up to 4 years or up to date of graduation from Ph.D. studies, whichever is earlier. The amount of the allowance is as follows:
- S$ 6000 per month for Singaporeans
- S$ 5500 per month for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$ 3000 per month for International Students
- Full tuition fee grants for four years with a maximum candidature of 5 years.
Check More Scholarships at NUS:
The minimum entry requirements for the Ph.D. program at NUS are as follows:
- Application for the Asian Institute of Digital Finance Scholarship is open worldwide to bachelor degree holders (or above) with a very good 2nd Upper Honours (or equivalent qualifications)
- Candidates should have outstanding research potential and interests in related areas in finance or computing.
- Students will study in NGS and AIDF and must fulfill the following three requirements:
- Thirty-six units (7 classes and lab rotation) for students without a relevant postgraduate degree, or 24 units (5 classes and lab rotation) for students with a relevant postgraduate degree
- Required laboratory rotation
- Ph.D. Thesis:
- Work on a topic under the advice of AIDF faculty affiliates.
- There is a standard requirement under NUS-NGS. (See here)
- AIDF teaching duty or research support
- Participating in AIDF-based events
To apply for Ph.D. in Digital Financial Technology at AIDF, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- AIDF invites applicants passionate about conducting original research and advancing knowledge in FinTech.
- Applicants must have an outstanding computing, statistics, and machine learning background, finance, strong programming skills, and a desire to develop solutions for real-world problems.
- The program admits students with strong educational backgrounds or work experiences in computing and finance.
- Applicants with a background in only computing, business, economics, or STEM will also be eligible.
- Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
- The candidates must possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, computing, economics, engineering, mathematics, science, statistics, or business
- Applicants must submit valid GRE or GMAT scores. However, exceptional candidates may not need to submit these scores.
- Test scores for the TOEFL or IELTS are necessary for all international applicants except those whose undergraduate or graduate degrees are from NUS, SMU, NTU, or SUTD or English-speaking countries, including Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, and the United States.
Candidates should compile the following documents and submit them in a single PDF file in the next order. Applicants should submit these documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a maximum file size of 15MB:
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal
- Academic Transcripts and Certificates
- Evidence of Academic Awards and Honours
- GMAT/ GRE (for non-NUS/NTU/SUTD/ SMU applicants)
- TOEFL/IELTS (for applicants from non-English speaking Universities/Countries)
- Resume/CV (compulsory for AIDF)
- Printout of the Online Application Form generated from NUS Graduate Admissions System (GDA2); duly Signed, Dated, and containing a recent passport-sized photograph pasted on the first page
- Abstract of Independent Research
- Two Referee or Evaluation Reports (recommendation letters) submitted via Graduate Admissions System by the Referees
- Any other supporting documents to enhance the application
- Proof of Payment of Application Fee
- Color Scan of Singapore NRIC (Singaporean and Singapore PR)
- Passport (International Applicants); not compulsory
How to Apply?
Application producer is online, and all candidates should follow the below instructions:
- When applicants fill out the application form on “NUS Graduate Admissions System (GDA2)”, please select “NUS Graduate School” for the “Faculty” field, “Doctor of Philosophy (NGSAIDF) (Digital Financial Technology)” for the “Program” field, and “AIDF Scholarship” for Source of Fund. Click on Full-Time under “Academic Load.”
- The University will process only completed application(s) with all required documents received before the application deadline.
- The University will process complete application(s) with all required documents received AFTER the application deadline for the next intake (not immediate upcoming intake).
- Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
- Each applicant must nominate at least two, but not more than four Referees.
- The GDA2 will generate emails to your nominated Referees to request the completion of an online Referee Report template, valid for 14 days.
- For inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Please visit the website of the Asian Institute of Digital Finance Scholarship for further details about this scholarship program.
Check More Scholarships at NUS: