Opportunity ID 34686
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration Three Weeks
Language of Instruction English
A Free Online Course on Teaching Young Learners Online designed for English Language teachers, teaching young learners 5 to 17 years online. Moreover, this course is developed by the British Council to help the teachers having adapted quickly to dramatically different teaching contexts in the COVID-19 pandemic response, which has resulted in public school, college, and university closures. Besides, by joining this course, the participant will understand how to involve and engage learners online.
Course developer: British council
Duration: three weeks (3 hours per week)
Type of course: free online course with limited access, Subscription: $27.99, or Buy this course $44 One-off payment
Instruction language: English
Course instructors: Claire Ross and Joshua Underwood
- This course is designed for English language instructors who work online with young students (5–17). Both experienced and inexperienced online teachers will gain from having prior online teaching experience, which is not necessary.
- Although the course is primarily focused on teaching English as a second language, teachers of other subjects will also benefit because the principles of English language lesson planning are applicable to online instruction in general.
- The first week: In the first week, the course focus is on meaningful interaction, building the best conditions for learners.
- The second week: In the second week, the lesson will focus on learns involvement, content, and differentiation and how to make an enjoyable environment for learns.
- The third week: the last week, the lessons will cover the class with practical work, assessment, and progress. During the last week, the course will help the participants to improve their speaking and writing skills. And make learners and their parents informed of their progress by using assessment.
What participants will gather:
- Learn skills for making connections with learners, between learners and with parents and being present and supportive during online teaching.
- Will learn how to involve the learners online and how to assist them, and their parents think critically about online risks and behavior.
- Opportunities and challenges evaluation with various tools and modes of online teaching and learning.
- Work on principles of English language lessons planning to online teaching.
- Improve and share methods for language and teaching techniques and online evaluations.
- Online management and interaction effects.
How to apply:
Interested people can join online
For further information about Free Online Course on Teaching Young Learners Online, please refer to FutureLearn’s website.
You may also be eligible for these opportunities:
- Principles of Biochemistry Free Online Course by Harvard University
- Felician University scholarship for international students in the USA
- Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2023 (Japan)
- University of Strathclyde Free Online Course on ‘Gender Representation in the Media’
- Free Online Course on ‘Understanding Modern Business & Organizations’