Opportunity ID 35051
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Harvard University develops the principles of biochemistry free online courses for medical students around the world. Moreover, the course contains macromolecules and biochemical approaches to cellular function and structure. Furthermore, the course topics will address protein functions such as enzyme kinetics, major metabolic pathways characterization, and their interconnection into tightly regulated networks and enzymes manipulation and pathways with mutations or drugs. Besides, the course will focus on the framework to discuss the progression in metabolic complexity. Above all, the participants will learn about problem-solving and analytical skills related to life sciences.
Duration: 15 weeks (4 to 6 hours weekly)
Course developer: Harvard University
Field of study: Medicine
Level of stud: intermediate
Instruction language: English
Video Transcript: English
Type of course: Self-Paced Free Online Course
- Alian Viel, Senior lecturer at the department of molecular and cellular biology
- Rachelle Gaudet, molecular and cellular biology professor
- Primary education on biology
- Familiarity with general chemistry, such as basic organic chemistry
What participants will learn?
- Function and structure of the chemical building block of life
- Protein structure navigation by using PyMOL.
- Enzymes central role in catalyzing the reaction of life
- Primary metabolic pathways
- Intricate mechanisms that regulate cellular metabolism
- The biochemical processes integrate into the context of cells, tissues, and whole organisms.
How to apply?
Interested applicants from any part of the world can apply online
To learn more about Principles of Biochemistry Free Online Course by Harvard University, please refer to edX’s website.
You may also be eligible for these opportunities:
- Felician University scholarship for international students in the USA
- Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2023 (Japan)
- University of Strathclyde Free Online Course on ‘Gender Representation in the Media’
- Free Online Course on ‘Understanding Modern Business & Organizations’
- Princeton Arts Fellowships for Outstanding Artists ($88,000 Stipend available)