Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
This course is for those who are learning English and are interested in building English language skills for employability and finding a job and successfully functioning in the workplace. Furthermore, it will enable job seekers and young professionals to equip themselves with the English they need.
Each week, the course will focus on key aspects of English for the workplace. Besides, you’ll watch videos and listen to audio recordings of people seeking and applying for jobs, preparing for interviews, giving interviews, starting their new career, and working with new colleagues.
During the course, it will ask you to share your opinions, insights, and questions with other learners. Lastly, it offers functional language phrases and factual, reliable workplace scenarios.
Course developer: British Council
Course provider: FutureLearn
Learning mode: MOOC
Subject: Personal Development
Certificate: Paid certificate available (optional)
Duration: 4 weeks (2hours/week)
Start date: 1 June 2020 (it has a set date and runs multiple times, but you can join it after it starts)
1. Genevieve White
She’s taught English in Hungary, Romania, China, and the UK. Also, she is currently teaching in Shetland and also writes English language teaching materials.
By the completion of this course, learners would be able to:
- Estimate their skill set and the kind of employment matter to them.
- Enhance English language performance in critical areas of applications and interviews.
- Realize the factors involved in successful applications and interviews.
- Determine the elements of successful joint work.
Who can enroll?
This course is designed for non-English speaking people who have previously studied English to at least pre-intermediate level (approximately A2 on the CEFR).
What topics will it cover?
1. Finding a job
. What do you expect from a job?
· Talking about pros & cons
· Speaking about your job
· Advertisements for Job
· Job application
· Preparation for job interviews
· The language of obligation
· How to explain your skills and experience
· Interview technique
3. Starting a job
· Discussion about job offers
· Line management
· Work rules and principles
4. Working together
· How to meet new colleagues
· Evaluating your understanding
· How to build teams & do activities
· Making suggestions, agreement, and disagreement
How to apply?
You can apply for this course by registering in the below link. Join this now!