Opportunity ID 25532
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Language of Instruction English
About this course
The SOAS University of London has developed this course to help those seeking to understand financial means and their impact on the global economy.
What is risk? Why is it necessary, to us and the financial markets? What are the principles that lead to the management of risk? Can we make sure that these principles are implemented rationally?
This free online course will answer the above questions and look at risk management in its most extensive terms, allowing you to assess the critical role risk plays in the global economy, both in terms of its opportunities and its prospective threats.
So, experts from the Centre for Financial and Management Studies at SOAS University of London will help you:
- Understand financial investments and the related risks
- Figure out how the financial crisis and emerging markets are affecting risk management
- Course developer: SOAS University of London
- Language: English
- Course provider: Future Learn
- Learning mode: Online
- Subject: Risk Management
- Cost: Free with limited access, Monthly Subscription: $23.33 or buy the course with one-off payment: $69
- Duration: 4 weeks (2 hours/week)
- Start date: Available Now
- Free Access to this course will expire on: October 12, 2022
1. Pasquale Scaramozzino
He is a Professor of Economics in the School of Finance and Management at SOAS, University of London. His key research interests lie in financial economics, macroeconomics, and applied econometrics.
2. Hong Bo
He is also a professor of Financial Economics at the School of Finance & Management, SOAS University of London. Besides, he teaches Risk Management courses.
By the completion of this course, you would be able to:
- Realize financial markets and the principles of risk management
- Understand the primary types of risk and evaluate the techniques and tools that firms use to manage risks
- Investigate ideas and approaches used in analyzing portfolios of financial securities, including stocks and bonds
- Describe the use of financial derivatives for hedging (mitigating risk) and speculation (increasing risk) in financial markets
- Assess the application of risk methods and risk management tools in the global economy
Who can enroll in this “risk management course”?
This course offers a vast overview of risk, and will best suit those seeking to realize better financial tools and their impact on the global economy.
Although it is a general level course, some knowledge of economics or finance may be beneficial.
What topics will it cover?
- Knowing about risk management
- Realizing financial investment, including stocks and bonds, derivatives, futures, and options, hedging and speculation strategies
- Scaling and monitoring risk, including managing portfolios and computing risk and returns
- Applications of risk management
How to apply?
You can apply for this course by completing a simple registration in the link provided.
For further information about ‘Risk Management in the Global Economy’ Free Online Course, please refer to FutureLearn’s website.
- Free Online Course on ‘Learning English in Early Childhood’ by British Council
- 2023 Ockenden International Prizes for Refugee-Serving Organizations Worldwide (GBP 25, 000)
- University of Sheffield Free Online Course on ‘How to Succeed at Interview’
- Global Development Awards Competition 2022 for NGOs and CSOs (125,000 USD grant in total)
- Global Development Awards Competition 2022 for Researchers (60,000 USD in Funding)