Opportunity ID 25421
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 3 weeks
Language of Instruction English
About this course
The University of Sheffield offers this course on “How to Succeed at Interview.”
Being offered an interview is exciting on the one hand and can be quite challenging, on the other hand. Therefore, in this course, the experts from The Careers Service at The University of Sheffield will ensure you are prepared for the big day (interview day).
- Course developer: University of Sheffield
- Language: English
- Course provider: Future Learn
- Learning mode: Self-paced
- Subject: Employability
- Cost: Free with limited access, Monthly Subscription: $23.33 or buy the course with one-off payment: $44
- Duration: 3 weeks (3 hours/week effort)
- Start date: Available Now
- Free Access to this course will expire on: October 3, 2022
1. Pamela Hafekost
She manages the Information Team and is in charge of developing the Careers Service website and creating interactive resources.
2. Alison Clay
She is a Careers Adviser at the University of Sheffield Careers Service, providing advice to service users.
3. Marcus Zientek
He is a career Adviser, too. She writes and edits career guides for the University of Sheffield.
4. Katie Casserly
She is also a career Adviser at the University of Sheffield Careers Service.
By the completion of this course, you would be able to:
- Improve your chances of succeeding in getting a job or getting a place on a university course
- Apply best practice techniques to help you to tackle interviews for jobs, apprenticeships, placements and university courses more efficiently
- Find out what recruiters are looking for by researching an organization or institution exhaustively, and identifying what skills and qualities recruiters might be interested in
- Figure out what questions you might be asked at an interview, and how to handle answering different types of interview questions
- Have a greater understanding of your strengths, skills and key selling points to tackle interviews confidently
- Get a perception of different types of interviews, from telephone and video interviews to non-standard interviews, and how to deal with them
Who can enroll?
This course is developed for anyone in search of jobs or courses. Moreover, it will be of special interest to those in the early stages of their career or those whose skills no longer respond to their need and therefore need to update their skills. No prior knowledge or expertise is needed.
What topics will “how to succeed at interview” course cover?
Preparing for interviews
How to deal with nerves
- The practical details
- How to make your research count
- Expecting key questions
Dealing with interviews
- How to create a positive first impression
- What to wear
- Using your voice
- Dealing with interview questions
- Fantastic questions to ask the interviewer
Handling different types of interview
- Succeeding at telephone and video interviews
- Tests and exercises
- Presentations delivery
- Leaving a positive impression
How to apply?
If you want to succeed at your interview, take this course. You can apply for this course by completing a simple registration in the link provided.
To learn more about University of Sheffield Free Online Course on ‘How to Succeed at Interview’, please refer to FutureLearn’s website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- Global Development Awards Competition 2022 for NGOs and CSOs (125,000 USD grant in total)
- Global Development Awards Competition 2022 for Researchers (60,000 USD in Funding)
- 8th Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp in Bangkok, Thailand
- 2023 OWSD Early Career Fellowship for Women in STLCs (Fully Funded)
- Journalists in Residence Program at University of Chicago Booth School of Business