Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration Three Weeks
A Free Online Course on Teaching Young Learners Online designed for English Language teachers, teaching young learners 5 to 17 years online. Moreover, this course is developed by the British Council to help the teachers having adapted quickly to dramatically different teaching contexts in the COVID-19 pandemic response, which has resulted in public school, college, and university closures. Besides, by joining this course, the participant will understand how to involve and engage learners online.
Course developer: British council
Duration: three weeks (3 hours per week)
Type of course: free online course
Instruction language: English
Course instructors: Claire Ross and Joshua Underwood
- The first week: In the first week, the course focus is on meaningful interaction, building the best conditions for learners.
- The second week: In the second week, the lesson will focus on learns involvement, content, and differentiation and how to make an enjoyable environment for learns.
- The third week: the last week, the lessons will cover the class with practical work, assessment, and progress. During the last week, the course will help the participants to improve their speaking and writing skills. And make learners and their parents informed of their progress by using assessment.
What participants will gather:
- Learn skills for making connections with learners, between learners and with parents and being present and supportive during online teaching.
- Will learn how to involve the learners online and how to assist them, and their parents think critically about online risks and behavior.
- Opportunities and challenges evaluation with various tools and modes of online teaching and learning.
- Work on principles of English language lessons planning to online teaching.
- Improve and share methods for language and teaching techniques and online evaluations.
- Online management and interaction effects.
How to apply:
Interested people can join online