Opportunity ID 6859
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSDSH German
Fields of study Textile Machinery and High-Performance Material Technology
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 24 Months
Language of Instruction German
DAAD Scholarship for development-related fields (EPOS) applications are now open for international students for the Master’s Course in Textile Machinery and High-Performance Material Technology (MATM) for 2024. International applicants can apply for this master’s degree course at the Technical University of Dresden (TUD).
The primary objective of the MATM is for a graduate student who understands the field of textile and assembly technology in its complexity. Students will become familiar with innovative research fields and realize their knowledge in their future professions, particularly in research, teaching, and international cooperation.
The program focuses on three different objectives:
- First: The program’s primary focus is on the world’s leading textile machinery manufacturers in Germany and the processing of textile high-performance materials for technical applications.
- Second: Graduates will work in the classical textile and clothing industries, and the course will mainly focus on technical applications.
- Third: The course consists of 12 compulsory modules offered during the first three semesters and the first six weeks of the fourth semester. It is divided into modules and requires four semesters of study.
- For DAAD Application: 01 October 2023 for the winter semester of the following year
- For Self-Finance (non-EU citizens with international degrees): 15 July 2023
Eligible Country: All
Funding Organization: DAAD
Course Begins: October 2024
Course Duration: 24 Months
Degree Awarded: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Instruction language: German
German Language Course: 6 Months (for students awarded a DAAD scholarship)
Details of DAAD Scholarships
DAAD offers complete coverage of expenses for international students who are applying for MATM at TUD as follows:
- Monthly stipend of 934 euros for graduate candidates
- Expense coverage toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance
- Travel allowance, unless covered by the home country or another funding source
- Following additional benefits under certain circumstances:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- The monthly payment for accompanying family members of the applicants
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarships
The program is open for applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be international students from the countries on the list.
- University degree (B.Sc.) in the field of Textile Engineering, Textile Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Ready-Made Clothing Engineering and Technology, Textile Chemistry, or Textile Finishing
- The academic degree should not be older than six years.
- German language knowledge for foreign applicants is DSH 2, TestDaF, level 4.
- Minimum two years of work experience in the related fields.
Applicants should prepare and submit the following documents:
- DAAD Application form
- Letter of Motivation maximum two pages long
- Passport photo
- Europass CV Format
- Copy of passport or identity card
- High school diploma
- University diploma and transcripts
- Current proof of German language
- Letter of recommendation from current employer
- Any additional required documents
Note: All non-English or German documents must have German or English language translations.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship?
Applicants who wish to apply for a DAAD scholarship at the TUD must apply in writing directly to the study program at the below address: please consider including this application form of the university as well.
Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Textilmaschinen und Textile Hochleistungswerkstofftechnik
Frau Dr.-Ing. Kathrin Pietsch
Note: Review more information about application procedure here.
For all the necessary information about the DAAD Scholarships, please read HERE or read more about the Master’s Course in Textile Machinery and High-Performance Material Technology (MATM) on TUD Website for detailed information.
Check Similar Opportunities: