Opportunity ID 210125
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
No. of Opportunity 30
Fields of study Development Management
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 18 Months
Language of Instruction English
Applications for the MA in Development Management (MADM) at Ruhr-University in Bochum (RUB) are now open to international students. MADM is an 18-month fully-funded program for professionals to meet the increasing need for program and project management experts. The course provides necessary tools for students to deal with the real-world problems of managing development programs and projects.
DAAD fully funds MADM with an introduction to the theory to embed ideas in a broader context and interdisciplinary approach. The program helps students to improve concrete analysis and the Application of theoretical and methodological knowledge. This English-taught MA program is three semesters (18 months) and accepts around 30 students for each intake.
MA in Development Management is an initiative of the IEE (Institute of Development Research and Development Policy) since mid-2000 at the Ruhr-University in Bochum. Since May 2002, the Institute has also offered this program at the University of the Western Cape, South Africa. This program was originally part of the DAAD initiative and is now part of the DAAD-funded “South African – German Centre for Development Research.”
About the Ruhr University Bochum (RUB)
Founded in 1962, the Ruhr University Bochum is a public research university in the central Ruhr area, Bochum, Germany. After World War II, RUB is the first new public University in Germany, and today it is one of the most important universities in Germany. The University is part of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, the significant German research funding organization.
Important Details and Dates
Application Status: Open
Deadline for Candidates Applying via DAAD-EPOS Scholarship: 30 September 2023
Deadline for All Other Candidates: 31 December 2023
Host University: Ruhr-University Bochum (RUB)
Organized By: Institute of Development Research and Development Policy (IEE)
Funded Through: DAAD-EPOS Scholarship
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Degree Leve: Master
Eligible Countries: All
Benefits of MA in Development Management
DAAD funds the MADM fully and provide the students with scholarships to pursue their Master of Arts at RUB:
- Monthly stipends of 934 euros for students
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance costs
- Travel allowance
- Additional benefits under certain circumstances:
- Rent subsidy per month
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
Eligibility Criteria for the MA in Development Management
Candidates should meet the following requirements to be eligible for the MADM:
- Candidates from any country can apply for MADM;
- Provide a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social science, political science, law, economics, geography, or any subject related to the planning and evaluating development programs and projects.
- Applicants should provide at least “second class, upper division” or equivalent.
- Written and spoken English proficiency certificate: TOEFL: 79-80 iBT, CBT 213, or IELTS 6.0
- Provide work experience related to the management of development programs and projects in either form:
- Minimum one month (four weeks) of practical work experience
- Academic experience in research and teaching at an institution of higher education
- DAAD-EPOS Scholarship applicants should provide at least two years of work experience in a relevant field. Please note that preference goes to candidates whose employers offer a reintegration guarantee.
Note: Please review the Examination Regulations of the MADM for further details
According to the Examination Regulations of the MADM, applicants should provide the following documents:
- Application Letter describing the motivation of Application; DAAD-EPOS candidates applying for more than one DAAD-EPOS postgraduate course should submit one motivation letter explaining why they are applying for these specific courses and why they chose that priority.
- Europass CV form
- University Certificate(s)
- School Leaving Certificate
- TOEFL or IELTS certificate and, if applicable German proficiency prove
- Previous or current Employment Certificate
- Signed DAAD Checklist and Application form
- Two Recommendation Letters, one academic and one professional
- Copy of Passport or Identity Card.
- Passport-size photo.
- Applicants are responsible for the excellent readability of all submitted documents.
- Label the files according to their category; for example, “Letter of Motivation,” “CV,” and “Academic Letter of Recommendation.”
- Documents other than English or German should have notarized translations in either language.
How to Apply for MA in Development Management?
The application procedure for the MADM is entirely online. Please tab the Apply Now button below to start applying:
Also, Check These Opportunities: