Opportunity ID 36990
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 Year
Language of Instruction EnglishGerman
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation annually awards Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship for Freedom to German and non-EU students. The scholarship applications are also open for the academic year 2024.
Master’s applicants with good academic achievements and grades, or those who are interested in politics and committed to a liberal and cosmopolitan attitude can apply to the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom for 2024. The foundation supports German and foreign students studying full-time course at state or state-recognized universities and technical colleges in Germeny.
Ph.D. candidates with previous study and examination achievements demonstrate a special ability with regard to academic work or those whose work making a significant contribution to research can apply to the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom. The Foundation supports about150 doctoral students from all disciplines annually. Applicants should work on a convincing and innovative research project and have been admitted to a doctoral program at a university.
All international applicants should note that the program does not support any Bachelor’s degree program for no-EU nationals.
- 30 April 2023 (Closed)
- 31 October 2023 (23:59)
Interview Dates: Twice a year in late February and late August
Awarding Institution: Friedrich Naumann Foundation
Study Levels: Master’s or Ph.D.
Funding Type: Partially Funded
Eligible Countries: All
The scholarship’s value for foriegn for Master’s applicants is up to 934 euros/month and 1200 euros/month for Ph.D. or doctoral candidates.
Other scholarship benefits
- Gross income of more than 520 euros in addition to the scholarship funding for foreign doctoral candidates or students doing job.
- There will be a contribution to health insurance by the Foundation
You may check other great scholarships:
Applicants meeting the following criteria are eligible to apply for Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship for Freedom:
- Talent: Candidates have very good to exceptional academic or scientific records in their fields of study and strong interests within school or university and beyond.
- Personal Requirements: Candidates should be trustworthy, have strong motivation, and willing to make decisions and assume responsibility. Also, they should have a commitment to German’s liberal party ideals and ready to actively contribute to further development of the social, political, cultural, and economic life.
- Social and Political Involvement: Candidates enjoy a unique liberal profile joined with cognizance of and commitment to social and political affairs, meaning participation in events by higher-education institutions, engagement in a liberal political party or organizations, associations, and initiatives.
- The sponsorship for foreign students is intended for international applicants who wish to take on a full-time degree at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany.
Programs not eligible for funding are as follows:
- Second degrees/above master’s
- Part-time programs
- Distance learning degrees that are not undertaken full-time
- Post-graduate and complementary courses
- Bachelor’s programs by international students who are non-EU citizens
- Degree courses in their final stages
- Ant project such as internships, language courses, and travel expense allowances, etc.
How to Apply?
The application for this scholarship is online. Please find the application forms and more information on the link given below.
Please visit the Friedrich Naumann Foundation website for more information about the Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship for Freedom for 2024,
Check More Opportunities: