Opportunity ID 7059
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 24 Months
Language of Instruction English
International students are willing to pursue their studies with DAAD-EPOS Scholarship are invited to apply for a Master of Science in Tropical Forestry. This program is an initiative from the Technical University of Dresden (TUD) in Germany with a standard full-time study of two years (four semesters).
By applying for the Master of Science in Tropical Forestry, the student will undertake three semesters of classroom studies and one semester of field research in a tropical country. This program is part of the DAAD scholarship program for development-related postgraduate courses.
Applicants from developing countries are welcome to apply for a DAAD-EPOS scholarship to study in this M.Sc. program. The deadline for the scholarship is 30 October, one year before the beginning of the course.
Brief Details and Dates
Application Status: Open
Deadline for DAAD-EPOS Scholarship Applications (2024): 01 October 2023
Non-EU Candidates Admission Deadline: 01 May 2023
EU Candidates Admission Deadline: 15 July 2023
Start of Course without DAAD Scholarship: October 2023
Course Start with DAAD Scholarship: October 2024
Duration of the Course: 24 Months
Host University: Technical University of Dresden (TUD)
Funded By: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Degree Leve: Master
Eligible Countries for DAAD: Developing Countries
Benefits of DAAD-EPOS Scholarship for Tropical Forestry
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) funds the Master of Science in Tropical Forestry program at the TUD for 2024 as follows:
- Monthly stipends of 934 euros for students
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance costs
- Travel allowance
- Additional benefits under certain circumstances:
- Rent subsidy per month.
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
Requirements for Master of Science in Tropical Forestry
All international students willing to apply for the TUD should meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in forestry or a related field such as horticulture, agriculture, regional planning, water management, geography biology, ecology, governance of natural resources, or regional development.
- Provide English language proficiency Certificate: TOEFL (80 iBT, PBT 550, CBT 213, IELTS (Band 6.5), or English certificate during bachelor’s degree.
- Have a solid commitment to working widely in regional or urban development planning.
- DAAD applicants should provide two years of work experience related to the study program.
Check Similar Opportunities:
According to the TUD regulations, applicants should provide these supporting documents:
- TUD’s online application form (Available after registration on SELMA)
- Europass CV format
- Copy of University Certificates and Transcripts
- Explanation of grades (if the transcript is not available)
- Two Recommendation Letters, one academic and one professional
- TOEFL or IELTS certificate for non-native English-speaking countries applicants
- A-Level School Leaving Certificate
- Motivation Letter
- Employment Certificate
- Signed DAAD Checklist and Application form.
- Copy of Passport or ID
- One recent photograph
- Applicants are responsible for the excellent readability of all submitted documents.
- Documents other than English or German should have notarized translations in either language.
- Please check the DAAD and University checklists for complete application documents before sending them to the program.
How to Apply for Master of Science in Tropical Forestry?
Please follow the below instructions detailed for DAAD Scholarship and Self-Financed applicants separately:
Self-Financed Application Guides:
- Step 1: Apply in the TU Dresden online application portal SELMA. Applicants should print out the generated application form after registration and sign it with a date. Scan the form and save it as a PDF file for uploading to the application portal.
- Step 2: Register for M.Sc. Tropical Forestry via an online portal.
- Step 3: Wait for the result notification in June 2023.
DAAD Scholarship Guides:
- Step 1: Download the DAAD application form, fill it in, sign it, and scan it for upload.
- Step 2: Registration in the online portal of M.Sc. Tropical Forestry program. M.Sc. Tropical Forestry has an online portal that accepts applications. Click the Apply Now tab below to go to the online portal. Once entered in the application portal:
- First, register to create a user account.
- Log in to the online portal and complete the application form.
- Upload required documents in PDF format and apply.
- Step 3: Wait for the result notification in March 2024.
Also, Check These Opportunities: