Opportunity ID 6934
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Energy and Environmental Management
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 24 Months
Language of Instruction English
DAAD Scholarships applications are now open for international students for the Master’s course in Energy and Environmental Management in Developing Countries in 2024-26. International applicants can apply for this Master’s degree at the Europa-Universität Flensburg (EUF).
Energy and Environmental Management (EEM) is a 24 months Master’s Degree program for sustainable energy systems and social and economic development in Developing Countries. EEM studies lead students to a Master of Engineering in Energy and Environmental Management degree.
The master course enables students as professionals to work in critical positions in the energy industry in governmental administrations, NGOs, and international organizations. Moreover, EEM offers training in energy technology and energy management, and energy and environmental economics.
As the program explicitly addresses developing countries, therefore particular emphasis is on access to modern energy services based on renewable energy, project management, and energy planning while considering sustainability, equality, and fairness.
Why Energy and Environmental Management (EEM)?
Climate change and extreme poverty are the two severe challenges of the 21st century. Therefore, energy is one of the main sectors that should develop and grow sustainably within developing and industrialized countries.
In 2015, the United Nations adopted the 7th Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) to ensure access to reliable, sustainable, affordable, and modern energy for all, and now it is a guiding principle for the EEM program at Europa-Universität Flensburg.
Host Institution: Europa-Universität Flensburg (EUF)
Funding Body: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Level of Study: Master’s degree
Degree Awarded: Master of Engineering
Instruction Language: English
Number of Scholarships: Limited
Course Duration: 24 Months, including a mandatory pre-semester
Target Group: Engineers of all disciplines with work experience in the energy sector
Course Starts: September 2024
Field of Study:
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Engineering and Management
- International Business Administration
- Energy Management,
- Environmental Management,
- Industrial Engineering,
- Developing Countries
DAAD Scholarships Application Schedule
Admission and DAAD Scholarships Deadline: 31 July 2023
Final Application for Admission and DAAD Scholarships: 31 August 2023
Admission with Scholarship Decision: December 2023
Shortlist Applicants for Admission: January 2024
Beginning of EEM Course: 01 March 2025
End of EEM Course: 31 August 2026
Details of DAAD Scholarships
DAAD offers complete coverage of expenses for international students who are applying for MATM at TUD as follows:
- Monthly stipend of 934 euros for graduate candidates
- Expense coverage toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance
- Travel allowance, unless covered by the home country or another funding source
- Following additional benefits under certain circumstances:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- The monthly payment for accompanying family members of the applicants
Requirements for the DAAD Scholarships
International applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have a four years bachelor’s degree in engineering (BEng)
- Prove two years of professional work experience in related fields
- English proficiency; TOEFL (IBT 80), IELTS 6 or equivalent, English-speaking countries applicants do not need to provide an English proficiency certificate.
- Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
The following application elements are necessary for the application package:
- Signed application form
- CV with the current date and signed
- School and university transcripts
- Certificates of Bachelor’s degree
- Two years’ work experience and qualifications, including letterhead, stamp, and signature
- English Language certificates TOEFL iBT Score 80, TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition, IELTS Band 6 in all categories, or IELTS Indicator
- One letter of motivation (signed) with current occupation; if applying for more than one postgraduate course, applicants should submit one motivation letter explaining why they are applying for these specific courses.
- Two letters of reference (one academic, one professional) with letterhead, stamp, and signature
How to apply for DAAD Scholarships and EEM Courses?
To apply for Admission and DAAD Scholarship for EEM Course 2024/2026, please prepare all required documents in one PDF file and submit it to the email address below.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check More Opportunities: