Opportunity ID 6937
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Water Resources and Environmental Management
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
DAAD Scholarships applications are now open for the Master’s program of Water Resources and Environmental Management (WATENV) to Developing Countries applicants in 2024-26. International applicants can apply for this Master’s degree at the Leibniz University of Hanover (LUH) in Germany.
WATENV allows young international professionals to qualify for accountable, leading positions in engineering, research agencies, consulting companies, development cooperation, and national and international organizations in water resources and environmental management.
By applying to WATENV Master’s degree program, students can pursue their studies in science courses such as Water Resources Management, Sanitary Engineering, Hydrological Modelling, Ecology, Hydraulics, Statistics and Informatics, Environmental Economics, Environmental and Coastal Management, Solid Waste Management, Environmental Data Analysis, Hydropower Engineering, etcetera. Also, they can choose from several elective courses to receive training in fieldwork and soft skills required for successful scientific work.
This research-oriented course comprises an optional two-month field study in the student’s home country or another developing country before starting their Master’s thesis.
Several highly reputable and well-equipped Leibniz University of Hanover (LUH) institutes teach the WATENV courses. The course curriculum is interdisciplinary, with an optional specialization in Water Resources Management or Sanitary Engineering.
About Leibniz University of Hannover
The Leibniz University of Hannover, at the famous decorative gardens of Herrenhausen, is a university with more than 20,000 students. LUH has about 4,300 employees, including 300 professors. LUH offers a broad study spectrum from natural sciences and engineering to economics, law, and the humanities.
DAAD Scholarships Application Deadline: 30 September 2023
Degree Awarded: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Course Begins: October (winter semester) each year
Course Duration: Two years
Host University: Leibniz University of Hannover (LUH)
Funding Organization: DAAD Scholarships
Language of Instructions: English
Preliminary German Language Course: 2 months (for students awarded a DAAD scholarship)
Target Group: Civil and environmental engineers plus B.Sc. graduates of related sciences with work experience in the water sector from developing countries looking for an additional academic qualification.
Requirements for the DAAD Scholarships for WATENV
Applicants should fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for DAAD Scholarships for WATENV master’s degree program:
- Applicants must be from developing countries
- Students should provide a Bachelor’s degree related fields to the WATENV Master’s program, including civil engineering, environmental sciences, or any studies focusing on water subjects.
- Evidence of adequate working knowledge (CEFR C1) of English via a certificate recognized by Leibniz University of Hannover
- Prove two years of professional work experience.
International applicants should submit the following documents to apply for the DAAD Scholarships for WATENV:
- School Diploma
- University Diploma and Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae with a hand signature (Europass Format)
- Motivation letter with a hand signature
- Language Proof Certificate
- DAAD application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Online application form
- Other unique or professional awards or any experience certificate (optional)
Details of DAAD Scholarships
DAAD offers complete coverage of expenses for international students who are applying for MATM at TUD as follows:
- Monthly stipend of 934 euros for graduate candidates
- Expense coverage toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance
- Travel allowance, unless covered by the home country or another funding source
- Following additional benefits under certain circumstances:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- The monthly payment for accompanying family members of the applicants
How to Apply for DAAD scholarships for WATENV?
To apply for the DAAD scholarships for WATENV, applicants should send all the required documents in the requested order listed on the checklist as one PDF file to the following email address. Please title the documents following the order: Surname_Firstname_Country_DAAD_2023_Application
Submission Email: email@example.com
For more information about DAAD Scholarships for WATENV, please click the Leibniz University of Hanover (LUH) official website.
Check More Opportunities: