Opportunity ID 150236
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 years
Language of Instruction English
Applications for the Walter Massey Fellowship are now open to excellent doctoral scientists and engineers who have recently received their Ph.D. or are completing degree requirements. Furthermore, through this fellowship, fellows will conduct independent research that advances the host institution’s mission.
The Fellows will pursue independent research projects that supports Argonne purpose: make significant discoveries and inspire new technology to meet national needs for sustainable energy, security, and economic competitiveness.
Underrepresented applicants in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), interested in a research career in a Department of Energy national laboratory are most welcome to apply. All qualified applicants will be considered for the fellowship.
Application Deadline: Oct 1, 2023 (7:00 p.m. Central Time (U.S.)
Lab-Wise Committee Review: October-November 2023
Top Candidates connected with Argonne sponsors: November-December 2023
Top Candidates Virtual Interviewed: December 2023 to January 2024
Sponsors of Top Candidates: December 2023 to January 2024
Finalists Notification: By late January or early February
Awarding Institution: Argonne National Laboratory, US Department of Energy (DOE)
Fellowship Duration: Up to 3 years
Benefits of the Walter Massey Fellowship
Walter Massey Fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- Fellows will receive competitive salaries, full employments advantages and research allowance.
- There is a possibility of renewal of the appointment for fellows if this will be of mutual interest to both sides.
The aims of the fellowship is to help scholars and researchers pursue independent research that backs Argonne’s purpose namely making game-changing discoveries and inspiring new technology to satisfying national needs for sustainable energy, economic competitiveness, and security.
Check More Fellowships:
Eligibilities and Criteria
To be eligible for this fellowship, prospective candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have earned their PhD degree within the last three years as of the application deadline or be in the process of completing the requirements of degree by the start date of the program.
- Exhibit proof of academic accomplishment with potential for technical and research leadership.
- Propose research in areas that align with Argonne’s mission.
- Proposals from all areas of STEM that align with the mission of Argonne will be accepted.
- App proposals must comply with Argonne and US Department of Energy (DOE).
- Applications from all qualified candidates will be given consideration for this fellowship and those who can show leadership in the areas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are encouraged to apply.
- Passion for leadership and service as demonstrated through community exposure, activities to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, professional society engagement, etc.
- Innovation and motivation
- Outstanding communication skills
- Alignment with Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
How to Apply for the Walter Massey Fellowship?
Qualified applicants must apply online through the following link.
Note: candidates must read the application instructions for tips on how to complete research and biosketch templates, prepare CVs and recommendation letters.
In brief, the complete application packages will contain:
- Research proposal and project plan submitted using the research proposal sample
- Biosketch submitted using the bio sketch template.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume to be uploaded through the application link
- Graduate transcripts (read applicant instructions for acceptable format)
To learn more about Walter Massey Fellowship, please refer to Argonne National Laboratory’s website.
Also, check these opportunities: