Opportunity ID 8056
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The Fellowship & Scholarship at the ACI Foundation for the years 2024-25 applications are now open to international applicants. High-potential graduate and undergraduate students whose studies are related to concrete are eligible for fellowships. Annually, the ACI Foundation awards fellowships & scholarships to students with a passion for concrete to assist them accomplish their educational and career goals. During the award year, the student must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student as determined by the institution or university.
About ACI Foundation:
The American Concrete Institute (ACI) established the ACI Foundation as a non-profit organization to promote progress, innovation, and collaboration through research and scholarships, as well as to serve the industry by establishing and distributing fellowships and scholarships to high-potential students in concrete-related graduate and undergraduate degree programs.
- Application Deadline: 01 November 2023 (23: 59 PM EDT)
- Organized by: American Concrete Institute (ACI) Foundation
- Type of Scholarship & Fellowship: Fully funded
- Eligible Nationalities: Open for All
Benefits of ACI Foundation Scholarship & Fellowship
- Appropriate acknowledgement in Concrete International magazine and on the Foundation website
- 5,000 USD for scholarships and 10,000 USD for fellowship educational stipend for tuition, lodging, books, and materials;
- Travel expenses and registration fees to two ACI conferences are covered (scholarship finalists must attend the Spring ACI Convention to be interviewed and have the option of being assigned a Convention Guide)
- Assistance in locating an industry mentor is provided.
Check More Scholarships:
Applicants shoudl meet the following criteria for this opportunity:
- International students may be eligible for ACI Foundation fellowships, but you must enroll in a Canadian or American university during the award cycle.
- During the summer of 2024, some fellowships require the recipient to complete a 10- to 12-week internship.
- Applicants who are selected as finalists for an ACI Foundation fellowship must be available to appear in person for an interview with the Scholarship Council on Sunday, 24 March 2024, at the spring ACI Concrete Convention. Finalists will be notified by 5 February 2024. The airfare, hotel stay, registration fee, as well as a travel stipend, will all be covered by ACI Foundation.
- English language proficiency is a requirement for all applicants. You can upload a copy of your TOEFL score to your application if English is not your first language. This is not necessary and is optional.
- The educational stipend is payble to the student in two equal payments over the course of a year to cover costs such as tuition, room and board, books, student fees, etc. Attendance at scheduled ACI Concrete Conventions during the award cycle is required in order to receive stipends.
- Near the end of the fellowship period, recipients of fellowships are required to submit a written report outlining how the fellowship contributed to their personal growth and career preparation.
- International students are eligible for ACI Foundation scholarships unless the award sponsor specifies a particular region or field of study.
The application period runs from the spring semester of 2024 to the fall semester of 2025.
- For the duration of the award cycle, you must be enrolled full-time in a master’s or PhD program to qualify for a graduate scholarship. The second year of a master’s program or the fourth year of a PhD program cannot have already passed for applicants.
- The applicant must be a full-time undergraduate at the time of application and for the duration of the award cycle in order to be eligible for an undergraduate scholarship.
- The financial aid/registrar office of the institution where the study program will be pursued will receive the scholarship stipend in two equal payments over the course of a year. The recipient’s educational institution account will then receive the funds.
1. Contact and educational details about the applicant.
2. Microsoft Word (.doc or.docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format resume
3. An essay of 500 words
4. Official transcripts — written in English and graded on a 4.0 scale
5. Two endorsements. (one MUST be an ACI member)
- A resume in Microsoft Word (.doc or.docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format is required.
- Before closing the platform, remember to save your data during each session of the web application.
- By the application deadline, must submit all application materials, including endorsements and transcripts.
- All materials must be provided via the internet. Except for official transcripts, which may be mailed, no hard copies will be accepted.
Download the pdf file containing full information on required documents
How to Apply?
Apply by clicking on Apply Now button, log in or create an account before submitting the rest of your documents.
For further information about Fellowship & Scholarship at the ACI Foundation for the years 2024-25, please refer to ACI Foundation’s website.