Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study All Majors Offered By University
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 46232
Application is open for the 2023-2024 MEXT Top Global University Project Scholarships (SGU Scholarships) at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU). Outstanding International Applicants who have an excellent academic background can apply to this fully funded scholarship to study their higher education at Asia Pacific University.
Applicants should first apply to Asia Pacific University, then the university will offer the Scholarship to the selected student. MEXT Scholarships is offered by Japan Ministry of education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) to enhance international competitiveness and promote the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
- Offered by: Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- Host University: Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Study Level: Master’s & PhD, Graduate School of Management (MBA)
- Application Deadline: September 21, 2022 (for April 2023 enrollment) or November 16, 2022. (for September 2023 enrollment)
Benefits of MEXT Top Global University scholarships (SGU):
This scholarship provides the following expenses for selected students:
- Full admission fee
- 100% tuition fee (the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship covers this)
- Monthly allowance of 144,000 JPY for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- April 2022 Enrollment: The MEXT Scholarship will be available for one year, from April 2023 to March 2024.
- September 2022 Enrollment: The MEXT Scholarship will be available for six months, from October 2023 to March 2024.
- Together with the Top Global University project, which will conclude on March 31, 2024, the MEXT Top Global University Project (SGU) Scholarship will end in April 2024. As a result, the scholarship will be available through March 2024 and will not be renewed thereafter.
Who can apply?
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country with diplomatic relations with Japan
- Born on/or after April 2, 1988
- Have obtained a GPA of at least 2.50 on a 3.00 scale at the latest university.
- Serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military during the application
- Not Be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period specified by APU.
- Previously received the MEXT scholarship
- Be applying to another MEXT Scholarship
- While enrolled at APU, recipients of this award are not permitted to be recipients of any other scholarships.
- The recipient of this scholarship must have “student” as their visa status in Japan.
- The English Proficiency Test Score’s validity term is as follows:
April 2023 Enrollment: Only test results from January 18, 2021, or after will be accepted.
September 2023 Enrollment: Only exam results from June 23, 2021, or after will be accepted.
How to apply?
Applicants must first apply to APU in order to be considered for this scholarship. After that, APU will choose eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
Applicant Requirements for applying to APU:
- Applicant Information
- Personal Statement
- Research Proposal
- University Graduation Certificate(s)/Certificate of Scheduled Graduation
- Academic Transcripts
- Documents Proving English Proficiency
- Sample Work or List of Research Achievements (for PhD applicants only)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Passport Scan
- Supervisor Confirmation Letter (for PhD applicants only)
- GRE® and GRE® General Test at Home Results
Additional Documents for Submission (If Applicable):
- Residence Card (both sides)/Certificate of Residence
- Proof of Scholarships Received from Organizations Other than APU
- Additional Required Documents for Each External Scholarship
- Designation Page in Your Passport
For further information about required documents and other requirements, visit APU’s website.
Request consideration for this scholarship using the APU online application and submit it by September 21, 2022 (for April 2023 enrollment) or November 16, 2022. (for September 2023 enrollment). There are no more documents necessary to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU examines application paperwork and recommends excellent candidates to MEXT.
- Applicants who are recommended for this scholarship are notified of their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award result is decided by MEXT.
- 2023 Meta Research PhD Fellowship ($42,000 Stipend available)
- Free Online Course on ‘Preparing for A Career in Teaching’ by Manchester Metropolitan University
- Free Online Course on ‘People Management Skills in Organizations’ by CIPD
- Free Online Course on “How to Read a Novel?” by the University of Edinburgh
- Hodder Fellowship at Princeton University, USA (Fully-Funded)
For more details about MEXT Top Global University Scholarships at Asia Pacific University, please visit the Asia Pacific university’s website.