Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Duration 3 Weeks
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 49264
This online course will enable you to get ready for a career in teaching by learning the attributes of a good teacher and reflecting on your own experiences of education. This course is an ideal starting point before beginning a formal teacher training course. Furthermore, it will give you a sense of the most vital teaching skills and help you discover your own preconceptions of teaching.
In this course, you’ll know about all the different traits that helps a teacher become a great teacher and what knowledge and teaching skills you may need when you enter the classroom.
- Course developer: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Instruction language: English
- Course provider: Future Learn
- Course type: Online and self-paced
- Subject: Teaching
- Price: Free with limited access, Monthly Subscription: $27.99, or Buy this course: $54
- Duration: 3 weeks (2 hours per week)
- Start date: Available now
By completing this course, you‘ll be able to:
- Identify the qualities and skills of good teachers.
- Reflect on how teaching can be ‘measured’.
- Explore how teachers can manage classrooms.
- Converse different approaches to managing behaviour in classrooms.
- Compare school structures and diverse types of schools.
- Discover how your own experience of education has impacted your views of schools.
- Formulate an action plan to move into a career in teaching.
Who can enroll?
- This course is for everyone who is willing to teach or who wants to become a teacher in the future.
- It’s appropriate for learners of any age and from anywhere in the world, as it takes a global viewpoint on teaching.
- First Week: What makes teaching exciting?
- Second Week: How to ‘see’ in the classroom
- Third Week: Developing your philosophy of education
What topics will it cover?
- What makes a good teacher and can teaching be ‘measured’?
- How teachers can manage behavior in classrooms.
- Use your own experiences and further research to gain insight into varying school structures.
- Create an action plan to take the first steps into a career in teaching.
- 100% online
- Access to this course for 3 weeks
How to apply?
You can apply and pursue this course by completing a registration in the given link.
For further information about Free Online Course on ‘Preparing for A Career in Teaching’ by Manchester Metropolitan University, please refer to FutureLearn’s website.
Similar course & more opportunities:
- Free Online Course on ‘People Management Skills in Organizations’ by CIPD
- Free Online Course on “How to Read a Novel?” by the University of Edinburgh
- Hodder Fellowship at Princeton University, USA (Fully-Funded)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) International Fellowships 2023-24
- Citizen Participation and Inclusive Governance course in the Netherlands