Opportunity ID 27726
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Leadership
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration Five Months
Language of Instruction English
About this specialization:
Through this specialization, you will learn vital leadership skills, including how to inspire and motivate people, manage talent, influence without power, and lead teams. Here, you will not only learn from Michigan faculty but will also learn directly from outstanding leaders, including Jeff Brodsky, Global Head of HR for Morgan Stanley, and John Beilein, Head Coach of the University of Michigan Men’s Basketball Team.
In addition, instructors will share with you their research on how to lead people and teams successfully, and work with you to apply these insights to your own teams and leadership. Meanwhile, in any of the courses, you will have a chance to apply new leadership skills by walking through a series of practical leadership assignments. Besides, the capstone will allow you to work on live leadership challenges confronted by senior leaders from premier Fortune 500 firms and get their feedback on your ideas and solutions.
Specialization quick details:
- Specialization developer: University of Michigan
- Provider: Coursera
- Topic: Management & Leadership
- Language: English (subtitles available in other languages)
- Duration: Up to 5 months to complete (suggested 3 hours/week)
- Start date: Self-paced
After completing this specialization, you would be able to:
- Generate and communicate your vision as a leader.
- Manage talent to increase employee performance, progress, and retention.
- Utilize the Michigan Model of Leadership to determine organizational goals.
- Make a high-quality team charter that boosts team performance.
How does it work?
a) Take Courses
A Coursera Specialization includes a range of courses that helps you develop a skill. Firstly, enroll in the Specialization directly, or review its courses and select the one you’d like to take. While you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, then you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. It’s OK to finish just one course out of all — you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time.
b) Hands-on Project
Every Specialization consists of a hands-on project. So, you’ll need to complete the project(s) to complete the Specialization and get your certificate of completion. In addition, if the Specialization comprises a separate course for the hands-on project, you’ll need to complete any of the other courses before you can start it.
c) Earn Your Certificate
When you end each course and complete the hands-on project, you’ll receive a Certificate that you can share with potential employers and your professional network accordingly.
As described above, this series consists of five interrelated courses that you can either take independently or together.
1st Course: Inspiring and Motivating Individuals
2nd Course: Managing Talent
3rd Course: Influencing People
4th Course: Leading Teams
5th Course: Leading People and Teams Capstone
More details, syllabus, and link of each course can be found in the enrolment link below.
Skills You Will Gain:
- Vision Alignment
- Talent Management
- Goals and Rewards
- Motivate Employees
- Goal setting
- Leadership Development
- Earning a sharable certificate upon completion
- 100% online _ you can learn at your own schedule
- Level: Beginner (requires no prior experience)
- Practice quizzes
- Graded assignments & quizzes with feedback
- Graded programming assignments
- Course videos and readings
How to apply?
Interested learners can apply for this specialization by completing an enrolment via the link provided. Follow this and gain useful and specialized knowledge.
To learn more about Leading People and Teams Specialization’ by the University of Michigan, please refer to Coursera’s website.
Similar courses & other opportunities:
- ‘Engineering’ Free Online Course by University of York
- Camargo Core Fellowship Program 2023-24 in Paris, France
- Walter Massey Fellowship 2022 for Outstanding Scientists and Engineers in USA [fully funded]
- Johns Hopkins University Free Online Course on ‘Gender-based Violence’
- Textile and Ready-Made Clothing Technology Master Program at Technische Universitat Dresden in Germany
- Inspiring Women- Executive MBA Scholarships in the UK