Opportunity ID 29434
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 22 hours
Language of Instruction English
About this course
“Gender-Based Violence: Global Lessons for Healthcare Workers” is a free online course by Johns Hopkins University.
This course introduces contributors from the healthcare sector to gender-based violence (GBV), including global epidemiology of GBV, health outcomes; seminal research; and clinical best practices for GBV prohibition, support, and management. A core curriculum is complemented by lectures that contextualize the content with specific examples and programs from across the world. So, Learn how the World Health Organization (WHO) is tackling gender-based violence in this course.
This is an in-depth course with two components:
1) The core curriculum introduces GBV from a global viewpoint, with a focus on ensuring a robust health sector response to GBV and teaching key skills for social workers, physicians, nurses, midwives, community health workers, counselors, and other healthcare workers. Therefore, the completion of the core content is necessary for students to pass the course.
2) Honors curriculum offered by experts from across the world helps students dig deeper into certain issues, and touches on distinctive populations and specialized topics. Completion of the Honors curriculum is imperative for those students who want to receive a Certificate of Accomplishment with Honors.
- Course developer: Johns Hopkins University
- Language: English, Subtitles: French, Portuguese (European), Russian, English, Spanish
- Course provider: Coursera
- Video transcript: English
- Learning mode: Self-paced
- Subject: Diversity
- Price: Free
- Level: Beginner
- Start date: Available Now
- Course instructor: Michele Decker, ScD, MPH at Department Of Population, Family and Reproductive Health.
After completing the course, learners would be able to:
- Explain the global epidemiology of leading forms of GBV and the indication linking GBV to poor health.
- Illustrate the challenges, strategies, and WHO rules for integrating GBV response within the health sector.
- Define the components of an inclusive clinical assessment, treatment, and management of a GBV survivor.
- Explain the suitable psychosocial support and management of a GBV survivor.
You can find the full course syllabus and details here.
- Earn a certificate upon completion
- Easily shareable_ you can share it elsewhere
- A leading university is the course developer
- Flexible deadline
- 100% online
How to apply?
Interested learners can apply for this course very easily by completing an online ‘enrolment’.
For further information about Johns Hopkins University Free Online Course on ‘Gender-based Violence’, please refer to Coursera’s website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- Textile and Ready-Made Clothing Technology Master Program at Technische Universitat Dresden in Germany
- Inspiring Women- Executive MBA Scholarships in the UK
- Special Scholarship Program (SSP) at Kochi University of Technology – PhD Scholarship in Japan
- Skoll Scholarship at Saïd Business School of University of Oxford
- Online Course on Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python by MIT