Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
No. of Opportunity 4
Fields of study Business Administration
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration 1 Year
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 8740
The Skoll Scholarship is a unique competitive opportunity for those who wish to continue their studies in an MBA at Oxford University. The focus is on individuals who pursue solutions in entrepreneurship to tackle urgent environmental and social challenges. Therefore, enough fund is allocated to this in order to provide an opportunity for thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and investor to meet with each other. The scholarship is established upon the endeavor to lift up the burden that comes from MBA programs, particularly for those who have decided to work in a social innovation atmosphere rather than public sectors or commercial.
- Host University: Oxford University
- Funded by: Skoll Foundation
- Study Level: Master’s
- Field: Business Administration
- MBA Course: full-time, one-year course
- The Scholarship is meant to fund the course fees for the Oxford Sad MBA program.
- Additional cash are supplied to help with living expenses.
- In exceptional circumstances, partial scholarships may be available.
You must fulfill the following requirements in order to be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship:
- Have started a new social venture or initiative within an existing organization, or pursued positive change as an impact career professional (i.e. someone who has used entrepreneurial approaches to address the same social/environmental issue with a clear core thread that unites their work) for a minimum of three years before applying for the MBA;
- Have displayed personal attributes that are significantly associated with entrepreneurial leadership;
- Have showed how a business education will help you advance in your career;
- Have proved a need for financial assistance.
- Candidates are required to take the GMAT/GRE test for entry to Oxford Saïd’s MBA program. The MBA Admissions Team recommends candidates apply with a GMAT score of 650 or above. The recommendation for GRE scores is a verbal score of 160 and a quantitative score of 161.
- For admission to Oxford Saïd’s MBA program, candidates must take the GMAT/GRE test. The MBA Admissions Team recommends that applicants have a GMAT score of 650 or higher. A verbal score of 160 and a quantitative score of 161 are recommended for GRE results.
- Candidates whose first language is not English or who did not attend an English-speaking university must take the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
- There are no age limits for applying for the Scholarship.
Please review the Eligibility Criteria to determine if you are a eligible in more detail.
Expectation from Scholarship Recipient:
When a Skoll Scholarship is offered, the candidate will get a letter of agreement outlining what is expected during and after the MBA.
- Acting as Skoll Centre ambassadors
- Assisting classmates with business projects, recruiting future Skoll Scholars
- Participating on the Skoll Scholar Alumni Board
- Responding to media inquiries are some examples.
How to apply?
Follow these procedures to apply for the Skoll Scholarship:
- To start your application, you should write your interest on the website by clicking here to stay informed about any changes to submission deadlines.
- Directly submit an application to Saïd Business School for the Oxford MBA program, start applying to the MBA program, by clicking here. This must be done in either stage 1 or stage 2 of the MBA admissions process.
- Your responses to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions should be uploaded as part of your MBA application. The scholarship essay prompts are located in the MBA application’s “Funding” section. They suggest giving yourself a week or so to complete the Skoll Scholarship essay prompts.
- After reviewing your application, the MBA Admissions Team will decide whether or not to accept you into the MBA program.
- Your application will be immediately submitted to the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee once you have received notification that you have been accepted into the MBA program.
- Each level of the MBA admissions process ends with an evaluation of scholarship application materials.
- A status update on your scholarship application and whether it has advanced to the final shortlist will be provided to you promptly after each stage of MBA admission choices has been made.
- Wait for an email from the Skoll Centre with a link to the Logistics and Reference Form if you receive notification that your scholarship application has been shortlisted for consideration. To find out when to expect this email, go to the timelines below.
- You must fill out the Logistics and Reference Form after receiving the email. This is a short questionnaire to confirm your contact information (in case you are invited for an interview), how you learned about the Scholarship, and the names and contact information for your references. Please be aware that until you reach the final stages of the selection process, your references won’t be contacted.
Deadlines & Timeline:
|Apply for the Oxford Saïd MBA at the first, second, or third stages (including submitting your Skoll Scholarship essays)||By January 4, 2023 (at the latest)|
|Stage 1 scholarship applications are being reviewed (candidates updated)||November 2022|
|Stage 2 scholarship applications are being reviewed (candidates updated)||January 2023|
|Scholarship applications from Stage 3 as well as those shortlisted in Stages 1 and 2 are being reviewed.||March & April 2023|
|Skoll Scholarship Logistics and Reference Form will be sent to candidates||End of March 2023|
|Logistics and Reference for the Skoll Scholarship Deadline for submitting forms||Early April 2023|
|Interview decisions will be made (all candidates updated)||Mid April 2023|
|1st stage interviews (online)||End April 2023|
|Last stage interviews (online)||Mid May 2023|
|Skoll Scholarships final decision||Mid May 2023|
If you have any more questions, please contact [email protected].
To learn more about Skoll Scholarship at Saïd Business School of University of Oxford, please refer to Skoll Scholarship’s website.
Similar Scholarships & Fellowships:
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship for over 180 Countries including Afghanistan
- Japan MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarship at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
- MEXT Top Global University Scholarships at Asia Pacific University
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) International Fellowships 2023-24
- Asian Development Bank Scholarship at National University of Singapore (MBA)
- TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced training in developing countries
- TWAS Visiting Expert Program (Funded)
- TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Young Scientists in Pakistan
- TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Program for Young Scientists in Pakistan