Opportunity ID 68132
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSCambridge qualification
No. of Opportunity 5
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
The applications are currently open for the Oxford Center for Islamic Studies (OCIS) full-time masters and DPhil/PhD scholarships for the A.Y. of 2024/25. The scholarships have been designated by the OCIS to provide graduates with an opportunity to pursue an education of benefit to the Muslim world. And, OCIS is a Recognized Independent Centre of the University of Oxford founded to encourage the scientific study of Islam and the Islamic world. At Oxford, the Center contributes to the multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world.
So, apply for these scholarships to study at the world’s No.1 University.
Application Deadline: Decemeber 2023/January 2024 (Check each course deadline)
Selected Students Notification: June 2024
Host Institution: Oxford Center for Islamic Studies, Oxford University
Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
Degree Levels: Mater’s and DPhil (Doctor of Philosophy)
Subjects Available: All
Number of Scholarships: Up to 5
Funding Type: Partially-funded
Eligible Countries: Various Countries, Including Afghanistan
Benefits of the OCIS Master’s and PhD Scholarships
The scholarship offers awards which cover:
- 100% course fees
- A stipend of £18,622 for living expenses.
Note: Awards are allocated for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course. Moreover, awards may be offered in conjunction with other sources of funding
Candidates wishing to apply to study at OCIS Master’s and PhD Scholarships must be either:
- Ordinarily living in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with priority to those from a financially underprivileged household), or
- Be a citizen of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the below countries in Asia and Africa:
|Cameroon||Libya||Syrian Arab Republic|
|The Gambia||Niger||United Arab Emirates|
- Be applying to start a new full-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford
- Scholars should intend to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
- Academic excellence is crucial to the applicant’s chance to win a scholarship.
- Applicants should be planning to carry out the study in a field derived from or of relevance to the Islamic tradition, or which is of importance and/or benefit to the Muslim world.
- The scholarship is not for postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma courses, part-time courses, or non-matriculated courses.
- To qualify for consideration for this scholarship, candidates must be successful in receiving an offer for a place on their course after consideration of applications obtained by the relevant January deadline.
Communication of decisions
Successful applicants will be contacted by June 2024, but individual feedback will not be provided due to the volume of the applications.
How to Apply for the OCIS Master’s and PhD Scholarships?
To be considered for this scholarship, you must complete the following steps:
- Tick the box for the ‘Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship’ in the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form;
- Submit your application for graduate study by the December/January deadline. See the relevant course page for the deadline applicable to your course
- Complete an OICS Scholarships Supporting Statements and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.
Please prepare the following documents:
- Official transcripts
- Statement of purpose/research proposal
- Written work
Other documents (may differ depending upon each course):
- English language test score report/certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) or C2 Proficiency (CPE)
- Certificate of language proficiency
- GRE certificate
- Scholarship supporting statement
- Admissions exercises
You must submit your supporting documentation by the deadline to which you are applying. Documents should be submitted as part of your application.
All of your required documents should meet the following criteria:
- Be in PDF, .jpg or .png format;
- Smaller than 4MB (to upload to your application form). ;
- written in English, except otherwise allowed by the department;
- Completely your own work, except where obviously indicated.
- Readable and easy to understand.
Check More Scholarships: