Opportunity ID 11548
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Fields of study Health
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration July 22 to 26, 2024
Language of Instruction English
International AIDS Society (IAS) offers IAS Scholarship for participants to attend the International AIDS Conference 2024 in Germany. If you’re 18 or older by July 20, 2024, and involved in HIV-related work, volunteering, or studying, you can apply for a scholarship to attend the AIDS 2024 conference.
This event is the 25th International AIDS Conference happening in Munich, Germany, and online from July 22 to 26, 2024. The scholarship also covers the AIDS 2024 pre-conferences costs on July 21 and 22 at the conference venue.
The International AIDS Society (IAS) will give scholarships for both attending in person and virtually at AIDS 2024. When you apply, let IAS know if you prefer to be there in person or online, and also tell them what financial help you need. Please note that because many people want these scholarships, IAS might not be able to give full scholarships or in-person ones to everyone they select.
The program is particularly for people who would not otherwise be able to afford to attend AIDS 2024. It encourages applicants who contribute to the conference program and can demonstrate that the skills and information gained at the conference will be applied to the work they do in their own organizations and communities.
What International AIDS Conference?
The International AIDS conference is one of the largest conference ever and wants to support 1600 applicants from all over the globe. This short term program is a direct way of practical scientific knowledge from the conference to local programs and communities where the best idea can be implemented and have a high impact. The best idea will be awarded a grant. Moreover, applicants can apply for some available scholarships to cover part of their expenses while traveling to the conference place.
Application Deadline: 23 January 2024 (23:59 CET)
Review and Selection: February/March 2024
Result Announcement: Early April 2024
Program Date: July 22 to 26, 2024
Number of Participants: 1600
Conference Location: Munich, Germany
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Benefits of the IAS Scholarship
A limited number of full or partial scholarship available for media presentative, and applicants can apply for one or more of the followings:
- Program registration (access to all sessions of the program)
- Traveling costs from the nearest international airport to the conference place
- Accommodation (shared room)
- Daily living cost
- Virtual attendance registration
- Support for virtual attendance
- Cost Reimbursement: The AIDS 2024 Scholarship Program does not reimburse any costs incurred before receiving the scholarship.
- Pre-Booking Advisory: It is advised not to pre-book accommodation, flights, or register for the conference if financial support is requested in the application.
- Reimbursement Limitation: If selected for the scholarship with the requested financial support, reimbursement for prior costs (accommodation, flights, etc.) is not possible.
- Early Registration Opportunity: Applicants not granted a scholarship can register for the conference at the early registration fee for two weeks after the results are announced.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Individuals who present abstracts, facilitate workshops (alone or with others), and organize or co-organize events in the Global Village, provided their submissions are chosen for the conference.
- Applicants from low-income and middle-income countries.
- Applicants who are part of key populations or individuals living with HIV.
- Young people and junior investigators who are below the age of 35.
- Applicants who have not previously been awarded a scholarship for an International AIDS Conference.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can fill the online application form.
For further details about the IAS Scholarship, please visit the program website
Check Similar Opportunities: