Degree Non Degree Program/CertificateResearch
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
Applications for the Walter Massey Fellowship are now open. This fellowship is awarded to excellent doctoral scientists and engineers who are at the early stage of their promising careers and have exceptional research potential and leadership qualities. Furthermore, through this fellowship, fellows will conduct independent research that advances the host institution’s mission.
Application deadline: Oct 1, 2021
Awarding institution: Argonne National Laboratory, US Department of Energy (DOE)
Duration: up to 3 years
Fellows will receive competitive salaries, full employments advantages and research allowance.
There is a possibility of renewal of the appointment for fellows if this will be of mutual interest to both sides.
The aims of the fellowship is to help scholars and researchers pursue independent research that backs Argonne’s purpose namely making game-changing discoveries and inspiring new technology to satisfying national needs for sustainable energy, economic competitiveness, and security.
To be eligible for this fellowship, prospective candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have earned their PhD degree within the last three years as of the application deadline or be in the process of completing the requirements of degree by the start date of the program.
- Exhibit proof of academic accomplishment with potential for technical and research leadership.
- Propose research in areas that align with Argonne’s mission.
- Proposals from all areas of STEM that align with the mission of Argonne will be accepted.
- App proposals must comply with Argonne and US Department of Energy (DOE).
- Applications from all qualified candidates will be given consideration for this fellowship and those who can show leadership in the areas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are encouraged to apply.
- Passion for leadership and service as demonstrated through community exposure, activities to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, professional society engagement, etc.
- Innovation and motivation
- Outstanding communication skills
- Alignment with Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
How to apply?
Qualified applicants must apply online through the following link.
Note: candidates must read the application instructions for tips on how to complete research and biosketch templates, prepare CVs and recommendation letters.
In brief, the complete application packages will contain:
- Research proposal and project plan submitted using the research proposal sample
- Biosketch submitted using the biosketch template.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume to be uploaded through the application link
- Graduate transcripts (read applicant instructions for acceptable format)
Please follow the official link for more detailed information about the fellowship.