Opportunity ID 52345
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 3
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
The applications for GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security are now open. The Geneva Center for Security Policy (GCSP), led by Creativity and Innovation Initiative and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Program, created a prize to recognize outstanding individuals or organizations and their contributions that have an innovative approach toward enhancing global security and addressing international security challenges.
The prize is for projects of any individual, group of individuals, or private or public organizations which contribute to global security.
Applicants from any country may apply, but the projects must go beyond national borders in their reach or thinking. Also, the projects should seek to address global security in inventive ways or through new ideas.
Candidates may submit a broad range of qualified projects for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological, conceptual innovations, grassroots initiatives, or original research.
The GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security is to encourage and identify excellence in contributing to new approaches for enhancing sustainable global security.
The donner of this prize is the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP), and it is part of its Program for Geopolitics and Global Futures under the Creativity and Innovation Initiative.
Application Deadline: 25 September 2023 (23:59 UTC+2)
Announcement of Winners: November 2023
Awarding Institution: Geneva Center for Security Policy (GCSP)
Number of Prizes: Three (3)
Amount of the Prize
The three finalists will receive prizes and certificates of excellence as follows:
- First place winner: CHF 10,000 plus a certificate of excellence
- Second and third-place winners: certificate of excellence and recognition for their work.
Explore more opportunities:
All contestants of the GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security should fulfill these requirements:
- Application is open to individuals, teams, and organizations
- Applicants may apply from any country, across different but preferably relevant fields, but the projects should extend beyond national borders in their reach or thinking.
- Applicants interested in the contest’s topics must seek to address global security in state-of-the-art ways or through new ideas.
- A wide range of projects, including technological and conceptual innovations, original research, or grassroots initiatives, could qualify for consideration.
- All applications must be in English.
A panel of GCSP judges will assess and select the top three applications and will consider the following selection criteria:
- Dedication to sustainable global security
- Preservation of human dignity, safety, and justice
What to Submit?
The applications package of all candidates shall include the following materials:
- A project abstract of a maximum of 250 words
- Well-developed project description of a maximum of 750 words
- Technical process explanation of the submitted project (if applicable)
- Budget estimation required for the project
- Description of how the project offers a novel contribution to the field of global security
- Description of the short- and long-term impact of the project on the worldwide security
- Up to five image files (optional).
How to Apply for the GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security?
Please prepare all the required documents for the GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security application and submit them through the online application system:
Explore more opportunities: