Opportunity ID 218513
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Fields of study SDG
Language of Instruction English
Are you under 30 and want to make a difference in your country and globally? Are you a motivated social impact champion? Are you interested in contributing to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Do you believe in using technology and innovation to address pressing social challenges? If so, Applications are now open for the World Summit Awards (WSA) Youth Ambassador Program.
Interested applicants can join the World Summit Awards (WSA) Youth Ambassador Network and explore a fantastic opportunity that resonates with the WSA’s goal and enable changemakers to make a difference.
As Youth Ambassadors, participants will stand at the forefront of inspiring and mobilizing fellow youths to showcase their innovative digital solutions that address critical social challenges on a global stage. Also, the program participants will play a vital role in promoting the Young Innovators category of the WSA and supporting the national experts in your countries.
Application deadline: 15 August 2023 (23:59 CET)
Final Results Announcement: 31 August 2023
Virtual Meeting of the WSA-YA: 1st week of September 2023
Organizer: International Center for New Media (ICNM)
Duration of the Program: 2 Years (Voluntary)
Theme of the Year: Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)
Benefits of the Youth Ambassador Program
The participants of the WSA Youth Ambassador Program will benefit as follows:
- All participants will be a part of a global network of social impact makers and innovators
- Receive Certificate of Participation
- Participants can receive Letters of Recommendation per request
- Opportunity to serve their community
- They will be able to participate in events and opportunities within the WSA and partner network
- The chance to Social Media feature
- Best Performance award and get their social impact goodie bag
- Get support to organize a social impact event in your community
- Promotion opportunities within the WSA Network (National expert, Jury, mentor)
You would also look for the following:
Eligibility and Qualifications
The WSA Youth Ambassador Program’s primary aim is to be a diverse and inclusive program. The program brings together talents and experiences from across age groups, gender, socio-economic background, areas of interest and expertise, and countries within the UN framework.
To apply for the WSA Youth Ambassador Program, all applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants should be passionate about social impact and technology
- Be between 18-30 years old 15 August 2023
- Should be the residence of one of the UN member states
- At least devote 25 days per year to WSA
- All candidates should have a good command of English and the official language of their country of residence
- Access to a computer or mobile with a stable internet connection for active participation in all aspects of the program
Activities of WSA Youth Ambassadors
- Cooperate and work closely with WSA National Experts in their country, support the development of young innovators in their community, and leverage their expertise to drive impactful initiatives
- They will led organizing events, spreading awareness about the WSA brand and the Young Innovators competition, and inspiring talented youth to showcase their digital solutions.
- Represent Youth at WSA and partner’s events, showcasing their outstanding contributions and intensifying the voices of young innovators.
- Provide insights to help the WSA team and Board of Directors better understand their region’s unique community and cultural context and ensure that the program remains inclusive and relevant.
- Substitute meaningful relationships within their community and the wider innovation ecosystem, connecting mentors, young innovators, and other stakeholders to create collaborative opportunities for growth and impact.
- Active participation in testing products and features developed by young innovators contributes to their success and provides valuable feedback to refine their solutions.
- Endorse innovative products and drive excitement towards new product launches within their community, showcasing young African innovators’ incredible talent and potential.
- Serve as a trusted source of knowledge within their community, spreading achievements of young people across the globe and sharing information and insights about inspiring innovations.
How to Apply?
All candidates may choose one of the following two options during their application submission:
- Individual Application
- Nomination by a WSA National Expert or Organisation
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- Recommendation letter from one or two professors, lecturers, employers, tutors, or current WSA Network members
- Link a one-minute, creative video about yourself or your plans as a WSA-Youth Ambassador.
Note: Applicants can upload videos on their favorite platform and have the link ready.
Go through the World Summit Awards’ website for more details about the WSA Youth Ambassador Program.
You would also look for the following: