Opportunity ID 2772
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study International relations and Diplomacy
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Sesmester
Language of Instruction English
Suppose you are a student from ODA countries such as Uganda, Ukraine, Kenya, Georgia, Armenia, Botswana, Moldova, or Namibia and hold a bachelor’s degree and seeking to get International Relations and Diplomacy. In that case, you can apply to the Estonian School of Diplomacy Scholarship.
These fully funded scholarships cover your monthly expenses, accommodation, tuition fee, and visa cost. You can study International Relations and Diplomacy for an 8-month certificate program that will take place at the Estonian School of Diplomacy in Tallinn.
The study program in Tallinn will finish in two semesters, starting in October and ending in May of the following year.
ESD Scholarship Details
Scholarship Application Deadline: 1 August 2023
Result Announcement: 18 August 2023
Arrival Date in Tallinn: 6-9 October 2023
Duration of Scholarship: 8 Months
Field of study: International relations and Diplomacy
Location of Study: Tallinn, Estonia
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD)
Benefits of the ESD Scholarship
The Scholarship covers the following costs and details:
- Tuition fees
- A monthly stipend (€500.00)
- Accommodation, including internet and utilities
- Travel insurance during the study period
- A Schengen visa cost
Note: Applicants are responsible for their travel costs to and from Estonia.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be from one of the eligible countries for Overseas Development Assistance (ODA): Uganda, Ukraine, Kenya, Georgia, Armenia, Botswana, Moldova, Namibia
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Have advanced English Language Proficiency
- At least one year of employment by their country’s foreign or civil service and currently working.
- Commitment and willingness to learn about international relations-related disciplines.
- Preference will go to those who are willing to continue their professional careers to serve their community
- Be collaborative, hardworking, and prepared to study in a multicultural environment.
Please submit these application supporting documents:
- Application with a passport-sized photo
- CV in English
- Personal statement/motivation letter, 1 page [300-400 words] in length, describing the reasons why the applicant is applying, their relevant previous experience, and how studying at ESD will benefit their future professional development
- Copy of the degree diploma with unofficial English translation if the certificate is not in English
- Copy of the academic record with unofficial English translation if necessary
- Copy of passport data page
- An academic essay of 4 pages (1,300-1,500 words with references) on oneof the following topics:
- Impact of the War in Ukraine on the Future of Europe
- China – a Partner or a Foe?
- Is the Green Revolution Possible?
- Digital Diplomacy – Interim Measure or Way Forward?
All candidates should submit their application package via the Online Scholarship Application System.
- First, download the ESD application form, and fill it
- The application deadline to ESD is 1 August 2023 at the latest.
- Shortlisted candidates will have Zoom interviews.
- Result notification will be by email no later than 18 August 2023.
- Selected participants should arrive in Tallinn on 6-9 October 2023.
Check More Scholarships: