Opportunity ID 4926
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Japan Study Supports (JPSS) offers scholarships for non-Japanese students who want to study in Japan. Applicants can apply and enroll in any Japanese university and get one of the following scholarships after their enrollment has been accepted.
There are two categories of scholarships available:
- 100,000 yen to TWO successful applicants after their enrollment has been accepted.
- 500,000 yen financial support to ONE successful applicant
Level of Study:
Application Start: 1 August 2023 (10:00 a.m.)
Application Deadline: 31 October 2023 (JST)
Who Can Apply for JSSP Scholarship?
Applicants who fulfill the following requirements can apply for the JPSS scholarship:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Japan.
- Have received a message from the chosen university via the “JPSS Scout function” before acceptance.
- Be able to pass an interview in either Japanese or English.
- Own a Japanese bank account in their name.
- They have been accepted to enroll in an undergraduate or graduate degree starting in the autumn (September – November) of 2023, and their enrolment has been confirmed.
Required Document for the JPSS Scholarship
Applicants should submit these application documents:
- Application form
- Short essay in English or Japanese about the Motivation for studying in Japan and future goals (English max. 350 words, Japanese maximum 800 characters)
- A short video of self-introduction ( Up to 30 seconds)
Application and Selection Process
The application procedure is online only. After applying, the selection committee will evaluate the application and documents in the first round of screening. In step two, applicants will receive a call for an interview, and finally, successful applicants will receive a notification regarding their application.
For more information, please visit the JPSS scholarship.
Check More Scholarships: