Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 3
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 52345
Overview of the prize
The applications for GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security are now open. The Geneva Center for Security Policy (GCSP), under the umbrella of its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Program created a prize in order to recognize outstanding individuals or organizations and their contributions that have an innovative approach towards enhancing global security and addressing international security challenges.
- Application deadline: 22 September 2022
- Awarding institution: Geneva Center for Security Policy (GCSP)
- Number of prizes: 3
- Announcement of winners: November 2022
- Prize value: CHF 10,000
The three finalists will receive prize and certificates of excellence as follows:
- First place winner: CHF 10,000 plus a certificate of excellence
- Second & third place winners: certificate of excellence and recognition for their work.
Topics of the contest include:
- Emerging strategic technologies,
- Outer space,
- New international relations paradigm,
- Neuroscience and international relations, and
- The five dimensions of global security(human, national, transnational, environmental and trans-cultural security).
- Both individuals and organizations may apply.
- Applicants may apply from any country, across different but preferably relevant fields, but the projects should extend beyond national borders in their reach or thinking.
- Applicants interested in the topics if the contest must seek to address global security in state-of-the-art ways or through new ideas.
- A wide range of projects including technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives could qualify for consideration.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
A panel of GCSP experts and a panel of judges will assess and select the top three applicants to whom the prize and certificates will be awarded.
How to apply?
You may apply online for this contest through completing the application form and submitting it.
For more information about GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security, refer to the Geneva Centre for Security Policy’s website.
Explore more opportunities:
- Georg Forster Research Award for Researchers from Developing & Transition Countries (€60,000)
- IMF Youth Fellowship Program 2022
- 300 Hong Kong PhD Fellowship for the academic year of 2023/2024
- Free Online Course on ‘Solutions to Climate Change’ by University of Exeter
- Free Online Course on “Why Religion Matters: Religious Literacy, Culture and Diversity”