Opportunity ID 9095
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 6 Months
Language of Instruction English
If you want to take real steps to promote world peace and development, look into the UN Volunteers (UNV) program.
Up to 8,000 skilled and experienced women and men from 160 nationalities devote at least six months to helping others annually. These UN Volunteers serve in around 130 countries, promoting peace, responding to disasters, empowering communities, and assisting in establishing sustainable livelihoods and long-term development.
UN Volunteers come from a variety of professional backgrounds, but they are all change agents. They are urged to be innovative and enterprising and promote volunteerism for peace and development both within and outside their assigned roles. They work at the core of communities in collaboration with governments, United Nations institutions, and civil society.
Being a United Nations Volunteer is not a career but full of chances, experience, and significant personal rewards.
Application Deadlines: Check Specific Posts
Organization:United Nations (UN)
Job Locations: Different Countries
Voluntary Period: 6 Months
Benefits of the UN Volunteers Program
As a UN Volunteer, you are entitled to a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA), which covers the following expenses:
- Basic living expenses, accommodation, and utilities
- UNV will also provide a settling-in award,
- Life, health, and permanent disability insurance
- Return travel
- A small resettlement stipend.
Eligibility criteria for UN Volunteers Program are as follows:
- Applicants must have a university degree or a higher education diploma
- Be able to speak English, French, Arabic, or Spanish fluently
- Be interested in working in a collaborative and cooperative spirit
- Inspired and committed to volunteering
- Be available for short-term (six to twelve months) assignments
- Willing to serve in difficult environments (The UNV provides 25% of all international civilian UN peacekeeping forces and 17% of UNHCR field staff)
- All participants can form anywhere with any nationality
Open Job Fields
Volunteer applicants can apply for the following fields considering their area of expertise:
- Architecture and settlements
- Arts and design
- Business management
- Community development
- Crisis and emergency response
- Development programmes
- Economics and Finance
- Elections and governance
- Energy and environment
- Engineering and construction
- Facility management
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Legal affairs
- Logistics and Inventory
- Manual labor and skilled trade
- Natural and life sciences
- Procurement and contracting
- Product Safety
- Security and protection
- Social work
- Translation and interpretation
- Volunteer management
How to Apply?
All applicants can apply for the UN Volunteers Program 2024 online. Please check for your desired program and review all the position details before applying.
If you meet all the requirements for a volunteer program, click the Apply button at the top right corner of the job page. First, register an account with the UNV application portal to apply for a volunteer job.
You may visit the United Nations (UN) official website for detailed information about the UN Volunteers Program.
Check More Opportunities: